|TT-8L gatekeeper droid|
TT-8L gatekeeper droid
|Chronological and political information|
Once constructed by Serv-O-Droid, Inc. for wealthy citizens and entrepreneurs, the TT-8L gatekeeper droid, also known as the gatewatcher droid and nicknamed the "tattletale", was made to be the perfect surveillance system.
Essentially, the droid was an electronic eye on a stalk. The "tattletale" was placed near a door and could poke its "eye" through a peep-hole in the door. It could then ask its master if it should admit a visitor or keep the visitor at the door. Many people considered it to be one of the most annoying droid models.
The deluxe TT-8L/XSS was originally the most popular variant until the arrival of the TT-8L/Y7. The Y7 could scan for weapons and was installed in the door frame itself.
- Best Birthday Ever
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- "Who's Who in Star Wars Galaxies"—Star Wars Insider 65
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (DOO1-2, TT-8L Door Droid)