|TT-8L gatekeeper droid|
|Chronological and political information|
Once constructed by Serv-O-Droid, Inc. for wealthy citizens and entrepreneurs, the TT-8L gatekeeper droid, also known as the gatewatcher droid and nicknamed the "tattletale", was made to be the perfect surveillance system.
Essentially, the droid was an electronic eye on a stalk. The "tattletale" was placed near a door and could poke its "eye" through a peep-hole in the door. It could then ask its master if it should admit a visitor or keep the visitor at the door. Many people considered it to be one of the most annoying droid models.
The deluxe TT-8L/XSS was originally the most popular variant until the arrival of the TT-8L/Y7. The Y7 could scan for weapons and was installed in the door frame itself.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace game
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- The Clone Wars: The Fall of Falleen
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Galaxy of Fear: Ghost of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1: In the Hands of Jabba the Hutt
- Zorba the Hutt's Revenge
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Planet of Twilight
- Star Wars: Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2
- "Best Birthday Ever"—Star Wars Tales 16
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "Skreej"—Star Wars Tales 10
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- "Who's Who in Star Wars Galaxies"—Star Wars Insider 65
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (DOO1-2, TT-8L Door Droid)