|TX-130T fighter tank|
The 8.2 meter-long TX-130T was an upgraded version of the TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank repulsorcraft employed during the Clone Wars, equipped with added shielding and protection. It was 3.05 meters wide and 2.3 meters high. The craft had a limited repulse boost, which propelled it to 321 km/h,[source?] faster than its speed of 193 km/hour, making it fast and agile. It was crewed by a pilot and gunner. It was also categorized as the IFT-T. The tank had a capacity of 100 kilograms of cargo, carried supplies for one day of operation, and had room for up to five passengers.
It was armed with a single top-mounted beam cannon turret, two heavy laser cannons on either side of the cockpit, and a pair of computer-guided missile launchers along the hull. The launchers fired thermal detonators or concussion missiles, with a payload of eight missiles. The top cannon's gunner lacked shielding around most of his body, allowing enemy snipers to easily target a stationary vehicle and kill the gunner. The TX-130T was used to support infantry assaults and was also used in an anti-armor role. It also saw use as a fast raider or as a scout. One cost 42,000 credits new, and 34,000 credits used.
The first units were deployed towards the end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY, but the tank model would be best known for its use by the Galactic Empire before and during the Galactic Civil War. The tank saw action on various planets and battlefields such as Mygeeto, Kashyyyk, Naboo, and Yavin 4. When All Terrain Armored Transports were present in battle, the tank escorted the larger walkers. Imperial Military planners attempted to remove the TX-130T from service during the rise of the Empire, but few other models had proven as useful in rooting out insurgents.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TX-130T first appeared in the Battlefront video game series as an Imperial vehicle. It was a re-skinned Republic TX-130S. The tank has since appeared in the Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere comic story arc.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Star Wars: Purge: The Tyrant's Fist, Part 1
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: Imperial Ace
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide places its development at the end of the Clone Wars, which The Essential Guide to Warfare places in 19 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Battlefront II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1