- "We won't stand long against those tanks."
- ―Garazeb Orrelios
The TX-225 GAVr "Occupier" combat assault tank was a hovertank ground assault vehicle used by the Galactic Empire. The secondary model of Rothana Heavy Engineering's TX-225 Occupier series, unlike its counterpart, the TX-225 GAVw, the GAVr utilized repulsorlifts instead of treads as its main propulsion system. It was deployed on Lothal.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TX-225 GAVr Occupier hovertank was initially created and developed for the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. However, the idea of a hovertank was abandoned in early stages of production, changed instead to the non-repulsorlift TX-225 GAVw. Despite this, the former name was mistakenly used in several toy lines.
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as TX-225 GAVr "Occupier" combat assault tank)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- ↑ The events of "The Occupation" take place after Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore, which is the first known episode to take place one year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that the events of "The Occupation" takes place one year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ . "@maerj2000 very early on it was a hover tank but that changed. Too late to make modifications on some early product."