- "An attack on Taanab—though on the Perlemian Trade Route—would earn the dissidents more condemnation than praise, as Taanab’s agricultural projects feed billions in the Mid and Outer Rim."
- ―Vice Admiral Dodd Rancit explains why it is unlikely the Carrion Spike will target Taanab
Taanab was a planet located in the Taanab system within the galaxy's Inner Rim on the Perlemian Trade Route. The world was home to several agricultural projects which create food used to feed billions of inhabitants of Mid Rim and Outer Rim worlds. The Alliance to Restore the Republic pilot Wes Janson was born on Taanab.
After the Imperial corvette Carrion Spike was stolen by dissidents Taanab was a world within their reach as a potential target, but Vice Admiral Dodd Rancit of Naval Intelligence did not consider the world under threat, as damaging the food source of so many innocents would not fit with the shipjackers' objectives. Following the Battle of Yavin, the Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Caluan Ematt was ambushed by Imperial forces on Taanab but managed to flee to the planet Cyrkon in Hutt Space. At some point before the Battle of Endor, the gambler Lando Calrissian participated in the Battle of Taanab.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the original story outline for Solo: A Star Wars Story, Taanab was a major location in the second half of the movie, where Dryden Vos and Enfys Nest would be in a conflict over the world's finite resources. For the movie, Taanab was planned to be a lush jungle environment. Sir Edward James's surrealist sculpture garden Las Pozas, located at the rainforests of central Mexico, was a possible shooting location and design inspiration for Vos' lair.
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (First appearance)
- Smuggler's Run animated comic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (misspelled as Tanaab)
- The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story