46 standard hours
594 local days
|Points of interest|
Taanab was a planet of green meadows in the Taanab system. It was primarily used for agriculture and farming. Its populace was known for always maintaining an air of formality. Taanab had problems with seasonal pirate raids from bandits striking from the planet Norulac for millennia prior to the Battle of Taanab.
The Inner Rim planet of Taanab was a world with abundant sunlight, mild climate, almost no tectonic activity with grassy landmasses, always close to meandering strips of water. The planet was overgrown with green jungles, but no animal life at the time of its colonization.
The administrative capital was Pandath. Tanaab was sponsored by agricultural conglomerates like Arcon Multinode, Tagge Restaurant Association, and Core Foodstuffs. The Banthal Company transported cargo to poorer worlds.
The planet was first discovered between 25,000 BBY to 20,000 BBY, sometime between the Tionese War and the settling of the Slice. During the Great Sith War, a battle was fought here during the Krath Holy Crusade which the Sith had won.
It was later colonized in 2320 BBY, when Taanab was once a world covered in thick, inhospitable jungle, similar to Felucia. During the New Sith Wars, the Brotherhood of Darkness captured the planet and used it as an outpost.
The Battle of Taanab took place over its skies five months after the Battle of Yavin. In the battle, Lando Calrissian defeated attacking pirate raiders from Norulac against the Banthal Company docks.
Years later, Jedi Knight Jaden Korr went to Taanab to discover more about the operations going on in its spaceport by the Disciples of Ragnos. Jaden battled a mutant rancor which the Disciples intended to release in a populated place so they could pillage the area during the chaos.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook, the Tales of the Jedi, the PC games Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and the Star Wars: Rebellion, the planet is misspelled Tanaab. Also, in Omnibus: X-wing Rogue Squadron Volume 2, Taanab is misspelled Taanad.
During the development of the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, the developers apparently considered using Taanab as one of the planets that can be explored by players in the game. The creation of the planet was canceled for unknown reasons, however some files of the released game still contain textures and other data relating to what was to be Taanab.
- Tag & Bink Are Dead (Non-canonical mention)
- The Return of Tag & Bink: Special Edition (Non-canonical mention)
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- "Don't Leave Home Without It"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 1
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- "The Unseen Planets of Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 36
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 31 (HAR2, CD-2 Harvester Droid)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- "Rogues Gallery: The Cloud City Wing Guards"—Star Wars Insider 148