Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Human male Jedi lived during the waning years of the Galactic Republic and into the reign of the Galactic Empire. A slender, green-eyed man with blond hair, the Jedi fathered a child who became parent to the New Jedi Order Knight Tahiri Veila. Veila eventually experienced a vision of her grandfather which suggested that he fell victim to the Great Jedi Purge around the time the Galactic Empire was formed.
A Human male Jedi lived during the final years of the Galactic Republic. At some point before or after the fall of the Republic in 19 BBY, he fathered a child. His offspring in turn had a daughter named Tahiri Veila, born on the Outer Rim planet Tatooine in 13 ABY. Both of Veila's parents, Tryst and Cassa, were Force-sensitive, and they passed the trait to their daughter. If they were aware of their family's connection to the Jedi Order, they never had a chance to inform her about it, for both died when she was still very young.
Unknowingly following in her grandfather's footsteps, Veila joined Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order when her suitability for Jedi training was detected. She learned of her Jedi heritage in 22 ABY when she had a Force vision of her grandfather in the Dark Side Cave on the planet Dagobah. In her vision, he was chased by stormtroopers across a landscape of green grass and shot at with blaster rifles, suggesting he was killed in Emperor Palpatine's Great Jedi Purge around the time the Galactic Empire was formed.
Personality and traitsEdit
The Human was a member of the Jedi Order, a group of individuals who were able to manipulate the Force and acted as the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic. He carried a lightsaber, the traditional Jedi weapon, clipped to his belt. He was of slender build with shoulder-length blond hair and green eyes, which his granddaughter Tahiri Veila perceived as "smiling" in the vision she had about him.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Jedi was created by author Rebecca Moesta for the 1997 young reader novel Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest, in which he made a brief appearance in a vision to Tahiri Veila. To date, he has neither appeared nor been referenced in any other source.
On the basis of the information given in Anakin's Quest, it is not possible to determine which one of Tahiri's parents is the Jedi's child. According to the previous installment of the series, Junior Jedi Knights: Promises, Tryst Veila has green eyes, Cassa Veila has blond hair, and both are Force-sensitive, meaning both remain equally potential candidates. Consequently, it is also unknown whether the last name "Veila" is inherited from the Jedi's side of the family.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest
- ↑ Nothing explicit is said in Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest about this individual's affiliation with the Galactic Republic; however, all Jedi were Republic officials following the Ruusan Reformation of 1000 BBY, in which the Jedi Order was made a branch of the Judicial Department answerable to the Galactic Senate. See The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 150 ("Jedi Order").
- ↑ The fall of the Republic is dated in numerous sources (e.g. The New Essential Chronology, p. 84, and The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, p. xiv (A Timeline of Galactic Events)) to 19 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- ↑ Tahiri Veila is said to be nine years old in Junior Jedi Knights: Promises, which, according to The Essential Reader's Companion, p. 352, is set in 22 ABY; therefore, her birth year can be placed in 13 ABY.
- ↑ Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion, p. 352, places the events of Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest in 22 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope