|Chronological and political information|
Takeel at times worked for Durga Besadii Tai, Jabba Desilijic Tiure, and the Galactic Empire, and earned his reputation as a double-crosser from his habit of turning over lawbreakers (including former partners) to Imperial law enforcement.
Takeel was the brother of Zutton. Like all Snivvians, he would sometimes be nicknamed "Snaggletooth" by other species.
Behind the scenesEdit
Takeel can be seen in A New Hope with "human hands", as his actor wasn't given gloves or later-produced prosthetic Snivvian hands.
In Insider #130 - "The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley" there are discrepancies between the pictured Reegesk's mask and that seen in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The Ranat pictured in this issue of Insider may in fact be Nevar Yalnal however this has yet to be clarified by Leland Chee. The confusion continues with both Takeel and Zutton reversed from their Decipher CCG images. In the Decipher cards Zutton is shown with a full head of hair while in the Insider image he now has patchy hair and a large hump. Takeel is shown by Decipher to have patchy hair and a large hump but in the Insider image he is shown with a full head of hair and a small hump. The identified images of Mosep Bineed and Tawss Khaa also differ from those used by Decipher.
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy
- The Emperor's Court (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Takeel)
- Mos Eisley Adventure Set
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 22 (CAN4, Mos Eisley Cantina Characters)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- "Jedi Archive"—Star Wars Insider 124
- "Rogues Gallery: The Usual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130