- "This talisman has been imbued with the power of our clan. It will be your compass."
- ―Mother Talzin, to Savage Opress
The Talisman of Finding was owned by Mother Talzin of the Nightsisters of Dathomir. She entrusted it to the Nightbrother Savage Opress during the Clone Wars so that he could find his long-lost brother, Darth Maul, and restore his memories.
The talisman, one of several necklaces regularly worn by the Nightsisters leader Mother Talzin, was imbued with the blood of the Sith apprentice Darth Maul when she encountered the future Sith Lord in the course of his training. Although neither Maul nor his Master, Darth Sidious, were aware of the talisman, it proved to be priceless to Maul when he was defeated and cut in half by the Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY.
Maul, barely surviving the ordeal and forced to utilize a six-legged cybernetic apparatus to replace his lower body, went into a near-mad state, but his memories were restored by the talisman when it was brought to him by his brother, the Nightbrother Savage Opress, during the Clone Wars.
In 24 ABY, the talisman was recovered by Luke Skywalker along with Emperor Palpatine's Book of Sith. One of Skywalker's students at the Jedi Praxeum used their psychometry skills to identify the talisman's origins.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (First appearance)
- The Wrath of Darth Maul
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side (First identified as Talisman of Finding)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded