- Is there a canon source for BTL? All the Encyclopedia says is Y-wing fighter. Cade Calrayn 22:30, May 17, 2014 (UTC)
Change infobox image Edit
I propose we use the fully intact Y-wing as the infobox image. Although the stripped-down Alliance version is more recognizable and from the live-action film, the TCW version is how the fighter looked at production. - AV-6R7 (talk) 22:11, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
- The general precedent is to use an image of the latest documented version of a subject. The OT image supersedes any images from TCW, and as you say, it's more recognizable. CC7567 (talk) 22:14, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Recent move Edit
I thought that the BTL-A4 was a specific model in the Y-wing line. Why move the entire article when it clearly encompasses the entire history of the product line, including the older 2-seat models? Shayn Mikel (talk) 05:59, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
- According to USW and TUVG, the Y-wings we seen in TCW are the same overall model we seen in the OT. - 07:24, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
Illustration of Y-wing modification Edit
So in the rebels trivia guide for secret cargo they specifically mention modifying the Y-wing during series 3 to transition from the clone wars version to the ANH version,
I can't link the pictures directly, but episode 318, trivia gallery 9 I think
I think this is illustrated quite nicely by the behind the scene asset pictures:
Initial theft, references being based on clone wars geometry, still has some plating left
Episode 302 behind the scenes gallery
By the end of the series (also someone explain why blue squadron is red.. and then green in the episode)
behind the scenes, episode 321-322
Not sure if this should be mentioned in the article, either the in-universe modifications or the behind the scenes transitions.
Suggestion upload image of Early Clone Wars Model Y-Wing from Battlefront II Edit
Seeing as we finally have footage (via EA's Star Wars Battlefront II) of the early Clone Wars Model of the Y-Wing (including the hull), that more actually reflects what the bomber might have actually looked like in an official sense, what with a more life like rendition of the vehicle's model as opposed to the cartoon CG of TCW tv series, I suggest someone may upload an image of the Bomber from the game, as of now which is more likely available in the latest trailer for the game for the Starfighter Assault Mode.
If anyone's interested. I'm excited since this is the first footage, near live action quality of a ship we've only ever seen in the official canon in the form of cartoon CG.
I have an image I uploaded to Imgur to make it easier, I'm not nearly active enough on here to upload images.
- Is not necessary until we get a better quality picture like the ones released for the classes, specialist units or vehicles.--DarthRuiz30 (talk) 05:05, August 22, 2017 (UTC)
Crew list Edit
- I'd like to suggest that we move the crew list over to the article for the entire Y-wing line, in order to accommodate crew that flew unidentified or unspecified variants. Just want to get some community input before moving it. Shayn Mikel (talk) 19:47, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
Separate BTL-A4 and BTL-B into separate articles Edit
A while back, I asked Matt Martin about the BTL-Bs and BTL-A4s and he said that the -Bs are the TCW ones and the -A4s are the "famous" Y-Wings. link. I'd separate them myself, but I'd probably end up creating a horrible mess out of both articles that would take years to clean up. --WTRiker (talk) 06:21, October 1, 2017 (UTC)