Omnidroid Stuff Edit
Would it be problematic for anyone to cut this Omnidroid stuff? It seems like something for Wikipedia, at best; it's not especially remarkable, and is even less interesting for this project, which is focused on In-Universe data. --GenkiNeko 12:20, 15 May 2005 (UTC)
- I think it'd be a good idea. Of course, we've got some out of universe articles, but this should go.-LtNOWIS 03:39, 18 May 2005 (UTC)
Its interestng how it's now 2010 and yet, the Omnidroid section is still there....--He brings the pain 13:10, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
I think two quotes on the top of this page is overkill. I think we should keep the C-3PO one and get ride of the Obi-Wan one.CptKenobi 02:47, 19 Nov 2005 (UTC)
I think the classification of droids might be incomplete- my understanding of IG-88 (per the short story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters) was that he was sui generis of the 5 categories, truly conscious. Or has that been retconned? --Maru (talk) Contribs 03:05, 18 January 2006 (UTC)
- Well, assasin droids have been added to class 1. The parameters of each class have yet to be fully demarkated, so its not clear how a droid could surpass all of them, but it seems that any droid with any sort of AI can become fully sentient given enough time--The Erl
More types of droids? Edit
How about utility droids? WED treadwells, whatever the T series was in KotOR, etc. (edit: forgot to sign it) 184.108.40.206 23:23, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- I like it. A 'Maintainance Droids' section would be nice. --AdmThrawn 23:30, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
Behind the Scenes?Edit
Just what is this? Can we please remove this, it has no relevance on a Star Wars Wiki, maybe it works on wikipedia, but this is the Star Wars Wiki. 220.127.116.11 17:33, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
Stuff to add Edit
- Human replica droids, like Guri, which began with Project Decoy. Also, some droids have gender: "Droids, especially those with complex personalities and those which worked in close partnerships with organic beings, such as protocol droids and astromech droids, were often programmed as having either masculine or feminine character." --From Sex page. --Xwing328 19:55, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
Also a section titled "History of droids." And maybe "Famous droids"? RMF 20:01, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
- 3 rebellions to add: Great Droid Rebellion, Ruan, and the Bespin gas platform, (in the databank)The Erl
- shouldn't M-3PO be on the list of famous protacol droids? oh and on a second note, if the personality virus was unleashed 200 bby then how come previous droids had personalities? most specificly one like hk-47? Needa
- Perhaps it aggravated an already present problem. Cutch 03:15, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- I'd also like to know more about the origins of droids. Is there any info out there on the subject? C1k3 06:03, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Allright, I'm not sure where the right place to ask this is so I'll just shoot... In Episode II, Obi Wan is showing the Kamino dart to Dex and Dex complains about droids only looking at symbols. Obi Wan retorts with something along the lines of "If droids could think, none of us would be alive." I'm wondering why he said this. Not being familiar with the expanded universe, and unable to find any refrences here, (I know I'm probably just looking in the wrong place) I was hoping for an explanation. Perhaps the rebellion I saw mentioned above answers this, but it only seemed vaguely applicable.
PS- If this is horrible wiki- etiquette, I apologize.
- It's foreshadowing. Lama Su basically describes the clone troopers as "droids who can think" ("Clones can think creatively. You will find they are immensely superior to droids") and of course, thanks to the clones, the Jedi are wiped out. But yes, what with Trade Fed battle droids and the old Great Droid Revolution, the fear of a droid rebellion is probably something a few galactic citizens have thought about - Kwenn 17:33, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- Also, the EU proves Obi wrong. A good deal of droids can think. But maybe he was generalizing, holding Qui-Gon's prejudice regarding intelligence. "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent".DarthMRN 15:12, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
There is a sentence in the article, IT-O, that I don't understand.
IT-O would do a read on the body, detecting the most sensitive areas like the genitals, joints, neck and many other less obvious body parts.
What does this mean? Thanks, Anzati02 16:04, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
it just means that the droid scans the person and finds the parts that would hurt it the most, so when interogating them, it knows where to go to hurt them. hope this helps.
Featured Article Edit
I think this page should be nominated for Featured Article Apotheoses Jedi 14:47 9 September 2007 UTC
- Oh man, no. It's good, but not great. Needs sourcing, and a major expansion. A big history section would be good. If someone wants to make it an FA though, go for it. Chack Jadson Talk 19:54, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Captain OBVIOUS speaks again… Edit
If there are articles related to this, say a type of droid, especially one that links to this article, ¿shouldn’t this article link to that one?18.104.22.168 07:55, 16 February 2008 (UTC)Captain OBVIOUS (aka Andering REDDSON)
Degrees of droidsEdit
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a separate article about this. The stuff I want to add to this section doesn't go with the flow of the article. I think Wookieepedia would benefit from this article. Kyp 03:00, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
I just read the article and saw that 4-LOM is in two separate, incompatible groups. I know he started off as a protocol droid, but after reprogramming by the Kuari Princess's computer he (or it, whichever is appropriate here) became an assassin droid. Can anyone tell me why, or is it okay to remove him from the "Protocol droids" group? -Super Saiyan Jedi 23:31, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Hey didn't Luke said something in Episode 4 about the Imperials tracing the Robots?(Eagle Eye 370 07:15, 30 August 2008 (UTC))
- I don't think so. You might have eagle eyes, but you need better hearing. 22.214.171.124 07:22, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Droid history Edit
After reading through Wookieepedia, I have noticed that the use of droids goes back at least several thousand years, if not, indeed, tens of thousands. I notice accounts of ancient empires protecting their treasures with computers and droids; an ancient computer is known to date back to the Infinite Empire of the Rakata. I wonder when the droid was invented (and where: perhaps it was the rapidly urbanizing Coruscant of 100,000 BBY; perhaps it was earlier, and perhaps it was some other place, such as Corellia or Naboo or something.) Anyone have sources on the matter? 126.96.36.199 15:14, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
i think they need more apperences in the artical.
They're missing the droids from Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and Cloak of Deception, and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Also, they wouldn't let me edit the Appearances.--188.8.131.52 05:22, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- The Appearances section already has a template stating that more appearances need to be listed. As far as listing individual droids, it's intentional that not all are listed; only significant or well-known examples of each type are listed. As far as not being able to edit the page, that's because the page is currently semi-protected; thus, only registered users active for at least four days can edit it. —Master Jonathan(Jedi Council Chambers) 05:37, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Droid manufacturer Edit
Shouldn`t be a Droid manufacturer list here as well?
Should holodroids be added to the types of droids (like PROXY)--Metalion 21:25, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
Change Quote Edit
I think that we should change the quote. After all, a lot of droids don't fly. I also think we should go back to 3PO's quote. Any objections? (--Reconstructed Cyborg 21:08, December 26, 2009 (UTC))
Combining droid and droidification? Edit
I'm writing this because I feel that two articles could be combined and would make a better overall article. The Droid article I feel could be combined with the Droidification article as it is essentially on the same topic and as a the Droidification article is short I feel it would be doing it justice to include it the larger article.
I hope someone comes back to me on this as I do truly think it would make the article better for it, thank you. Purplecloak 17:20 UK time on 31st.
p.s. I went and stuck this on the senate hall page by accident, I'm really sorry if anyone can delete it please do.
Shouldn't we have a list off what companies produce droids? Because there are quite a lot and would go some way in possibly making it more complete, also the history off droids could be good as you could go right back to Xim the Despot with his Guardian Corps and probably before that I should think. Lastly shouldn't there be a law enforcement droid section?
- OK a few things. Yes I think the article definitely needs a history section. Notable producers of their time should be included there, but as for a list, you can find one here. Law enforcement droids are generally battle droids, but if it's a widely used canonical term, then it should have its own section. Finally, most of the time you use "off", it should really be "of", and remember to sign your posts properly with the four tildes (~~~~). SoresuMakashi(Everything I tell you is a lie) 10:45, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- 'Cheers for that, and sorry about my etiquette (I hope that's spelt right) I'll do my best. (~~~~) User:Purplecloak
so, wait, I'm confused, so a droid can think and feel emotions, let's say, uhh..... C3PO, ok? so, he's sentient, but apparently, droids don't have souls. This can't be true though, because they can think and feel. So when we say "George Lucas has said that droids don't have souls." that would be scientifically incorrect, due to their sapience, so maybe we could put something in behind the scenes along the lines of "while george lucas has said droids don't have souls, this would be incorrect, as they can think, although it is possible that they DO have souls, just not a soul in the way humans consider souls." do you see what I'm getting at? --184.108.40.206 00:32, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
- How do you know droids need souls to think and feel? 220.127.116.11 21:20, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hideous Combat AI Edit
Under the Combat Droids section it cites them as having hideously poor AIs, I only recall that being exemplified in Georgie's "The Clone Wars". In all the movies, except III, and books I've seen them in, they seem perfectly competent. They just aren't tactical engines, or battle computers. It just seems at odds to say, they're advanced calculating machines, then state that they were brought down to sheer stupidity in the same paragraph.AryeonosWhat!? 17:43, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
As this page cannot be edited, I could not include a source I found. George Lucas refers to C-3PO as having no soul in the featurette "The Characters of Star Wars" on the bonus disc included in the DVD box set from 2004.
Sabotage droid Edit
Hey guys, a question. Is it possible to add the point "Sabotage doid" at "Droid types". I was reading through the article, and i noticed that this point is missing. 50px|link=Benutzer:Jw-skyguy (Commkanal) 16:03, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
Supervisor Droid? Edit
I would have tried to fixed this myself, if the page weren't locked, but I believe that we need to add Supervisor Droid to droid types, along with an individual page. There have so far been three separate droid models with the function, and I find it disturbing that we haven't rectified the issue yet.--AV-6R7 (talk) 23:31, May 10, 2014 (UTC)