Unclear whether or not it was gold squadron that made the ion torpedo pass on the star destroyer....we know there were y-wings in green squadron.
- I just watched that part of the space battle again, here's what happens. Vander: hit that opening! Wona goban (gold 9): we see it gold leader. Then you see 5 Y-wings, which all appear to have the gold squadron livery, fly over the top of the ISD and over the bridge tower after dropping the ion bombs and disabling it. I think two assumptions can be made here unless proven otherwise. 1) - Vander is flying one of the ships that disable the ISD in the group of 5 y-wings. The way that those few seconds are shot and edited implied this to me when watching. 2) - From this we now know that at least 2 of the 5 are from gold squadron, and in all likelihood, most, if not all of those ships are from gold squadron. So I would conclude that gold squadron did make that torpedo run on the ISD, and that it's also possible that 1 or 2 of the ships were not actually from gold squadron (I'd say this is unlikely though). atlas_er (talk) 08:55, December 28, 2016 (UTC)
Gold Squadron (rebellion)Edit
Since the rebellion has a separate Green Squadron (rebellion) from the Green Squadron (Rebel Alliance) page, shouldn't we make a separate Gold Squadron (Rebellion) page as well? Jkirk8907 (talk) 21:58, March 4, 2017 (UTC)
- I think for now, since they're obviously the same squadron with Vander at the helm, one article for the rebel Gold Squadron is preferred. I personally don't see any reason to split up the articles—it's confusing for readers and a headache for editors. Cheers! –Nivlacanator(talk) 22:41, March 4, 2017 (UTC)
Yavin Roster Edit
Why is it we are using a offhand tweet as a reference to throw out established Gold Squadron members @ Yavin from New Hope? There is far more evidence that those Scarif pilots were not present at Yavin. Of course there is the original appearances in New Hope. Then there is this http://www.starwars.com/news/yavin-4-rebels-guardians-of-the-hidden-fortress posted by Star Wars.com JANUARY 22, 2015 long after Legends de-canon.
Rosters and other information Edit
continued from my edit summary. I think it is better to leave the fates of each pilot on the roster as (kia) or blank if they survived or it's unknown as it might not always be a matter of surviving or being shot down for the pilots. The daggers are better suited for the sidebar summaries (infoboxes?) on the articles in my opinion. Also, it makes more sense for the same protocol to be there on each squadron page instead of different layouts.
Another thing. I really don't agree with using one indirect and unspecific tweet to presume that every single pilot that gets an in-cokcpit shot during the battle of scarif survived (except for pedrin gaul and vangos grek). that doesn't make sense at all - firstly, during the battle, multiple rebel fighters are shown getting shot down but they aren't matched to a particular pilot that has been identified. And secondly, it's ridiculous to also assume that of 20 pilots from red and gold squadrons that participated in the battle, all but 1 survived. In my opinion that flies in the face of the attrition rate shown and implied in the film, and also is not something that you can reasonably conclude from pablo's tweet. He's just using the pedrin gaul guy as an example because it's an easter egg that he was red 5.
Moreover, it actually contradicts the original film (ANH) to make this assumption. there are between 4 and 8 (hard to distinguish the faces inside each helmet) pilots shown in shots during the takeoff scene just prior to the death star battle in ANH, and none of them appear to resemble pilots that were created for the Battle of scarif during Rogue one. So until fates are confirmed and characters are identified i think it is much more sensible to just have what we actually know for a fact in the article. atlas_er (talk) 08:39, March 11, 2017 (UTC)
- You can't simply remove information with source because you dont like it, On the Yavin battle there're more than 30 X-wings so there's enough space for them, if the source indicates (Pablo's twitter) that's what happened that's what we're going to have until another sources indicates something different.An advice dont remove content with a source like that without a consensus of the community--DarthRuiz30 (talk) 09:23, March 11, 2017 (UTC)
We have no evidence to suggest Brace Marko, Gazdo Woolcob and Wona Goban were present at Yavin beyond one tweet. They haven't been identified there and it would be considered fandom to place them there without proper reference. Therefore until it's confirmed, they should be removed. After all, we haven't added Harb Binli, Zal Dinnes and Ralo Surrel to Red Squadron's roster for Yavin. --Shannon, Jedi Knight (talk) 10:33, March 11, 2017 (UTC)
-Agree with Shannon.JediKnight and Atlas ed. I'm not sure how you get consensus from the community DarthRuiz30 but now three users have expressed disagreement with the position in just a span of a week or so. It just doesn't make since to overwrite New Hope info by a tweet.
I still don't agree on keeping Marko, Woolcob and Goban there. The tweet was ambiguous and said nothing of their survival. They weren't seen at Yavin, they haven't been canonically placed at Yavin and we don't know if they survived Scarif so until that has been confirmed they should be removed. --Shannon, Jedi Knight (talk) 23:12, March 11, 2017 (UTC)
- DarthRuiz I really don't want to be adversial but I want to point out that there were not "more than 30 X-wings". There were exactly 22 xwings and 8 ywings at the yavin battle. And as I said earlier and others have repeated, there is no evidence whatsoever for any identified gold squadron pilots other than Verlaine, Tiree, Vander and Krail being at Yavin. All we know at the moment is the following:
- 1- fates of gold squadron pilots who were at Scarif are unknown. They could have been shot down off screen, they could have been injured during the battle and had to be replaced for Yavin (example in the visual guide of this, and there are clearly more pilots than ships at the yavin base as evidence by the post-batttle scenes in ANH and Hobbie being identified as a standby in the visual guide), they could have been rotated out, et cetera.
- 2 - there were 4 other unidentified gold squadron pilots at Yavin other than the 4 previously mentioned/identified. Now some, or (this is really unlikely) all of them could be the 4 who were also at scarif, but that is completely speculation and doesn't belong in the article at the moment. But as I said before - we actually see 1 other gold squadron pilot in the takeoff scene before the battle in ANH, and he doesn't look like (or has yet been identified/retconned as being) one of the other 4 gold squadron pilots that were created for Rogue One. So again, at this point, I strongly suggest that the article remains as it was. We should have the 4 pilots that we absolutely know were there. If we knew what the callsigns of the other 4 were, that could be included as well, but we don't so we have to leave that out. Once again, that tweet doesn't provide a basis for the kind of presumption you are making. There's nothing wrong with just waiting until we have actual concrete information, especially when this kind of speculation actually contradicts already confirmed canon information. atlas_er (talk) 03:49, March 12, 2017 (UTC)
The cross sign designating deceased needs to be removed from Wona Gobans name in the sidebar