Is it just me, or does the geonosian queen resemble the alien queen of james cameron's ALIENS movie? It has the same kind of crest on the head and a large egg sac. Similiar, no? 220.127.116.11 00:23, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
It is a little alike it also did you notice when everyone was crawling through the tunnels they just kept dying at the hands of the horde, another reference to Aliens--Invader Zim 23:04, January 20, 2010 (UTC)Invader Zim, January 20,2010
- I noticed that, too. Kind of weird, maybe worth a mention.--LastJedi1515 (talk) 00:30, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
No, no, I actually meant if we should mention it in the article as a possible influence or inspiration.18.104.22.168 17:37, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Please look at what you just wrote, particularly the "possible" part, and then go ahead and read WP:ATT. Wookieepedia only deals with what is confirmed and does not speculate under any circumstances. CC7567 (talk) 18:10, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
I was browsing through SW .com and I guess you can call this link proof: http: //www.starwars. com/theclonewars/news20091120.html
"The first adult horror movie I ever saw, which has a lot of similarities in this episode, was Alien. I was into Hammer horror films and monster movies."22.214.171.124 03:30, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Does that article actually say that Karina resembled a character from the movie? No. Is it therefore plausible to cite this as a possible inspiration? No. CC7567 (talk) 03:56, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, to be honest, I think you are way to strict with this "has to be confirmed word to word." The resemblance is just too similiar to be a coincedence. I won't post it on, but just saying, LOTS of stuff on Wookieepedia is just speculation. 126.96.36.199 17:19, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
- I went ahead and posted it. I don't care what CC said. It is a resemblance. —Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs).
- I second the motion. She looks the same, and she also has that egg sack in the back. I don't know who this CC7567, but doesn't know anything. —Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs).
IT'S COMMON SENSE. You want to confirm it, go watch Aliens. That should be enough. Unless you a dummy, you should know that they obviously look alike. —Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
- Common sense though it may be, we would need some indication from official sources. Try watching the commentary vid or scouring the web for interviews on the subject. Without substantiation, expect to have your edits reverted, and you'll soon be in danger of being banned on 3RR grounds. Enochf 21:28, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
What you've never seen a Termite Queen? or perhaps Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-For-A-Butt? The latter of which she FAR more closely resembles than the queen from Aliens. It's quite pointless to so vehemently insist that it MUST be inspired by only one source while many others (including real life) exist. 18.104.22.168 19:39, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
Did she opperate under the command of Sidious and Tyrannus, or was she at least affiliated with them at all? Or was her empire outside of their authority and influence?
- Her conversation with Obi-Wan didn't seem to indicate that she knew very much about the war. My guess is that while she's technically the ruler of Geonosis, she lets Poggle handle the details so she can focus on, uh, being immobile and making babies 24/7. Poggle's obviously one of the leaders of the Confederacy, so I'd consider Karina to be a Separatist affiliated, if not directly loyal to them. Still, until we have an official source label her as a Separatist character, it's open to debate. Eggmanland 05:22, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
In the episode, she calls Poggle the Lesser "Young Poggle". This indicates she is considerably older than him, an elder of the Geonosians. Any sources or references that state her age? --Mateo22 Contact 22:50, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Take the time to look at the episode and its guide yourself instead of asking others. It's easy enough to do. CC7567 (talk) 06:59, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm well aware at how easy that is to do, and funny thing is, it was of no help, so yeah... --Mateo22 Contact 19:09, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
Is She Dead?Edit
Can we please put in the fact that Karina died when the clone troopers destroyed her temple? Geonosians just ca't survive being crushed! By the emptiness of the death section, i take it she was revived by a braion worm, hmmm? —Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs).
meh, they ARE large insects, that would make them VERy tough, but I assume she died too, geonosians keep other queens in stasis just for the occasion that the current queen dies. Also, brain worms don't "revive" things, they just bring the brain back to life, and prevent the corpse from rotting further. --Tristan7grunt 21:14, February 19, 2012 (UTC)