Knights of Ren picture Edit
I think there was some information about the knights of ren in the book, STAR WARS AFTERMATH and I don't remember exactly but should I read that part again and add what I know? —Unsigned comment by Agent es (talk • contribs).
- Those were the Acolytes of the Beyond. At this point it's unclear what the connection is between the Acolytes of the Beyond and The Force Awakens, assuming there is one. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 21:32, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Did the Acolytes recover Anakin/Luke's blue saber? Wapakguy (talk) 16:01, December 18, 2015 (UTC)Wapakguy
The Force Is With Me 03:53, March 7, 2016 (UTC)It isn't really confirmed yet who recovered Anakin's Lightsaber after the Duel On Cloud City. We obviously know Maz Kanata had it but we don't know yet if she is the one who recovered it. But i can say that after The Battle Of Endor 3 Acolytes purchased from Ooblamon a junk dealer what he claimed was Darth Vader's Lightsaber The one Vader lost on the Second Death Star and The Acolytes believed it really was the saber and bought it and intended to return it to Vader in death. Later it was revealed Ooblamon wasn't sure if it actually was The Lightsaber. So i guess to answer your question. No they didn't recover Anakin's Lightsaber but rather what was believed to be the saber of his former self Darth Vader. —Unsigned comment by Eclipse3161999 (talk • contribs).
Ren origins? Edit
The article at the moment seems to imply that Kylo joined the knights of ren and changed his name as a result. I'm not asking for anything to be changed at this point, but isn't it possible he changed his name to Kylo Ren and the group formed around him? 126.96.36.199 04:52, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
- I have a tendency to agree here. Snoke refers to him as "The Master of the Knights of Ren". We don't know if Kylo Ren changed his name because of the Knights, or if the Knights are so named because of Kylo. Until there is some sort of confirmation, I feel we shouldn't be giving information that may turn out to be contrary. It would be safer to say "Kylo Ren was a member of the group, but it is unknown if he took his surname as a result of membership in the group or if the name of the group was named after him." Rezin8 (talk) 13:37, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Not sure if you guys have seen this since or if the reference was added after, but the first reference on the page seems to answer this. In this interview with J.J. Abrams, he says “he is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren.” So that sounds like enough confirmation of where he gets his name until we hear anything further. Dominic Snyder (talk) 19:06, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
- There's another interview with Adam Driver where he states "It was a group that existed before him, that he was a part of. Their place within everything is maybe more of a satellite group than I would say … This is really tricky." I can't add a link because I'm too new, but it's in an LA Times article entitled "Adam Driver of 'Star Wars' reflects on the man behind the mask, Kylo Ren". So, I agree with you Dominic. I think we can put that one to bed. Rezin8 (talk) 19:29, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Good find, Rezin8. For any future readers of this page, here is the article Rezin8 was referring to. And Rezin8, here's info on adding external links. You'll see tons of other useful tabs there with info for all kinds of Wookieepedia editing stuff! Dominic Snyder (talk) 20:14, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
Concept art Edit
Battle gear Edit
In addition to being a Vader cosplay the Visual Dictionary describes Kylo's attire as being "typical of the battle gear worn by the Knights of Ren" - or something to that effect. Can this information be added to the article? I know it's apparent that they all dress in a similar fashion, but I think some sort of mention is warranted. Dax (talk) 09:57, January 3, 2016 (UTC)
- The knight in the far left of the image wears a distinctly Mandalorian style helmet with a T-visor. You've probably seen the images. Dax (talk) 10:49, January 3, 2016 (UTC)
Founded by Kylo Ren Edit
On p. 64 of Star Wars: The Force Awakens—The Official Visual Story Guide, it says that Kylo Ren founded the Order "after falling from the light." I don't know whether this is authoritative enough to add in.GenralHux (talk) 02:01, March 24, 2016 (UTC)
- That's really strange, because it contradicts all information about the knights of ren that JJ and Driver have given us. Agent es (talk) 06:19, January 11, 2017 (UTC)
The Last Jedi appearance Edit
This article lists The Last Jedi under the appearances section, but do we know for sure that the Knights of Ren will actually be appearing in the film? Please provide a source if you have one, thanks! TFJoe (talk) 20:45, November 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Kylo Ren will appear in the film, and he's a Knight of Ren, so therefore Knights of Ren appear in the film. That's standard practice for us in terms of saying that if one member of the organization appears, the organization appears. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 21:09, November 16, 2017 (UTC)
The Last Jedi SpoilersEdit
Luke says in The Last Jedi about the night Ben destroyed it all, "The temple was burning. He had vanished with a handful of my students... and slaughtered the rest." This obviously refers to the future Knights of Ren, right? 2601:246:C504:290:6848:9704:6D3C:7849 17:38, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Not necessarily. During The Force Awakens the Story Group was saying that the Knights of Ren were not at the temple massacre. Now, it's entirely possible they changed their mind along the way—it's why they say don't cite tweets as canon. But we don't know fur sure yet. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 17:40, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Fair enough, but do you think this warrants mention in Luke Skywalker's Jedi? 2601:246:C504:290:6848:9704:6D3C:7849 17:49, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
A question in regards to the text Edit
In the beginning of the article it says "The Knights of Ren was a group of dark side users that operated under the command of Snoke,"
Is this confirmation that the group no longer exists? That they fell with Starkiller base ooor?
- Actually, everything on Wookieepedia is written in past tense. Hope this helps, Supreme Emperor (talk) 15:46, January 12, 2018 (UTC)