Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I believe this question needs to be addressed, as the second sentence appears to be wrong to me... I've always read that lightsabers were powered by diatium power cells, and that the energy was transmitted through crystals which focused the energy... not that crystals were used to power lightsabers... Even this wookieepedia lists several specific lightsabers that say that they are powered by diatium power cells.
- Wouldn't that make the second sentence here wrong?
- "Lightsabers consisted of a plasma blade, powered by a kyber crystal, that was emitted from a usually metallic hilt."
- Shouldn't it say: "Lightsabers consist of a plasma blade focused through a kyber crystal, powered by a diatium power cell, that was emitted from a usually metallic hilt."
- Or something similar to that? I believe the second sentence needs to be changed. 184.108.40.206 08:07, October 30, 2016 (UTC)
plasma or energy? Edit
The rebels visual guide says its a plasma blade... here it says energy... I know it sounds like I am splitting hairs but these are technically different things. ralok (talk) 11:28, October 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think you're splitting hairs. If that source says it's a "plasma blade" and we don't have any other source that describes it as an "energy blade," then "plasma blade" is what we should use. If other sources do describe it as an "energy blade," then something should be added to the article regarding the fact that the Rebels Visual Guide describes it as a "plasma blade." ProfessorTofty (talk) 12:24, October 28, 2014 (UTC)
Just leave it as Plasma-energy for now. I have read that for too long and since the blade still works off of a power cell, we all better presume, it isn't a phase of matter exactly. Do this, or lose your mind, because that is what we are left with. 220.127.116.11 03:07, January 4, 2015 (UTC)
Colors listed in infoboxEdit
I truly dispute the interpretation of the source used here to justify adding these extra colors. To exactly quote Filoni here:
"I gave Ahsoka a shoto and George didn’t seem to mind. Her blade is green, though – a very yellow green. Some say it looks more yellow than green, but it’s green. Trust me. As for the rest, we’ll see reds, greens, blues and purple. That’s it. Tera Sinube’s saber was very light blue and Viszla has the only Dark Saber."
Here he explicitly calls Ahsoka's shooto blade green and Sinube's blue. Now, since then, yellow and white have been established as valid colors (the former with the Jedi Temple Guards, the latter with Ahsoka's Rebels-era sabers. But there's no doubt in my mind that they are not distinct colors that need to be listed, just within the variations of shade that each have.
And amethyst is likewise just a poetic description for purple, just as one might call a red blade "ruby" or a green blade "emerald", which has definitely been done before in novels. It does not need to be listed at all. Oknazevad (talk) 03:53, July 9, 2015 (UTC)
Weight of blade Edit
In legends, I think it is fairly established that the blade of the lightsaber is weightless. I'm wondering if there has been any information put forth on the blade of the lightsaber in the new canon. It seems like if the blade is plasma, it should be near weightless. But, again, I am uncertain. --18.104.22.168 08:44, January 8, 2016 (UTC)