ROTJ novel Edit
Would Merrejk have been the other fleet captain who was described as standing with Piett and Gherant on the bridge in the novel? That captain stands where Merrejk was in the ROTJ film, and Gherant is also called a captain in that book even though canonically he's a commander. Could Merrejk's first appearance have been in the novel instead of the film then? Hanzo Hasashi 02:53, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Impossible to determine, for a number of reasons. Chief among them, in addition to the ranking discrepancy, nothing really states it's Merrejk. There were more than three commanding officers on the bridge during the battle, I would have to imagine. Toprawa and Ralltiir 19:39, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Identifying the actor Edit
While tracking down who played Endicott, I looked up actor Tom Mannion, who is credited as Stardestroyer Captain #2 in the ROTJ credits. The Tom Mannion listing on Aveleyman.com that they believe that Tom Mannion's character of Stardestroyer Captain #2 is actually Merrejk (and have Merrejk's photo).
Here's an interview with Mannion himself, who believes that his scenes were cut from the original version of ROTJ.
- Interview with Tom Mannion on 11/28/2012
- same interview covered on 12/1/2012?
- This version of the interview uses the Merrejk photo
Any eagle eyed people think that Tom Mannion's Stardestroyer Captain #2 is indeed Merrejk. Here's a few more pages with images of Mannion:
- Taggart TV show page that ID's various guest stars, including 3 appearances by Mannion, including one in 1988
- Tom Mannion
- I'm not saying Tom Mannion did not portray this character, but I think it's impossible to determine from the evidence you've laid out here. Particularly in this case, it's very difficult to compare pictures of a person that are taken 20-30 years apart. I guess I sort of see a resemblance between the two, but it's not so obvious that I'm convinced just by looking at them. And it doesn't help that the man himself claims his lines in the film were given to another actor. Unfortunately, none of these aforementioned websites really qualify as being authoritative on this type of thing, so I would not include this information in the article without something more credible to back it up. Maybe something will be included in the upcoming The Making of Return of the Jedi. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 05:13, May 26, 2013 (UTC)