The two sources I could find that mention New Alderaan (Courtship and DE2) conflict over who was responsible to the ruination of New Alderaan. Courtship says Zsinj, DE2 says Xecr Nist. Should we just leave it vague and add a mention in the Behind the Scenes section or via italiczed end-text? --SparqMan 03:53, 9 May 2005 (UTC)
- You could speak of "conflicting sources" as if we were some sort of historians. :-) – Aidje talk 04:11, 9 May 2005 (UTC)
Does anyone know what the terrain of New Alderaan was like? Did it have forests, oceans, plains? If someone knows can you put it in the article?
- The Aldera article says "When the Alderaan Alliance moved to New Alderaan after Old Alderaan's destruction, they built a city called New Aldera in a similar design and in a similar landscape." But of course, the New Alderaan depicted in the Dark Empire comics looks nothing like the original Alderaan. Well, anything hardly ressemble itself in Dark Empire, anyway... LelalMekha 13:32, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
Did the Rebels eventually reclaim New Alderaan?
Previous name? Edit
Does anyone know what it was called before it became New Alderaan? Unit 8311 13:38, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- It was probably just an unnamed or generically named system, but I'm speculating. - Brynn Alastayr 03:40, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
Perhaps there are two New Alderaans? Edit
I find it odd that the location of a world settled by many refugees from Alderaan would have a secret location, even more so with the bit about Black Sun opening a speeder company there. Maybe they are two different worlds, the widely known one attacked by Zsinj and a private one that serves as a Rebel safehouse (attacked by the Darksiders in Dark Empire II)? --Pdixie 02:39, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- 2 New Alderaans is a possible answer. There's nothing to back it up though. -Fnlayson 19:51, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- There's plenty. For one, it would be very hard to keep the location where perhaps hundreds of thousands of refugees are being resettled a secret. And if Zsinj found out the location and attacked it, why were the Emperor's Dark Side Elite torturing the location out of Major Ntthan in Dark Empire II? --Pdixie 02:51, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
"Black Sun" SentenceEdit
How does this tie into the article ? It seems too out-of-place. Jedi Master Fiolli 19:47, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- I have no idea and was thinking the same thing. Create an article for New Planet Motors and remove the sentence. - Brynn Alastayr 03:37, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
Royal House of Alderaan Edit
As heir of Alderaan, would not Leia be Queen of New Alderaan? And her children thereafter? Or did they abandon the Alderaan people?Drachenfyre 12:42, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- I belive that she resigned her title & authority and formed a new republic goverment. This is all conjector but knowing how she felt about freedom this seems likly! ~ Awar 18:52, September 30, 2009 (UTC).
- Perhaps New Alderaan simply doesn't have a monarchy like the original did.. — Red XIV (talk) 08:20, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Unsourced phrases Edit
"Following the second liberation, never again was New Alderaan harmed. This allowed its inhabitants to populate the planet and reclaim their civilization from then onwards."
Well, it's full of feel-good rhetoric and poetic beauty but it's not sourced and smacks of "and they all lived happily ever after. I vote we remove these two sentences. Anyone else agree? Amethyst 08:11, June 14, 2011 (UTC)