According to TheForce.Net's Book Release Schedule, Outbound Flight won't be published until February of 2006...this is in direct contradiction to what has been said in the past and what is written in this article. Confirmation of this is, of course, needed... --SOCL 04:13, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Well, Amazon.com says January 29, 2006, which is backed up by TheForce.net's Ultimate Timeline. Zahn's Wikipedia page still says October, as does Barnes and Noble. As a wise old jedi once said "Always in motion is the future."-LtNOWIS 01:07, 21 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Cargo Bay says October 25th...considering that's the most official source I've seen, I'm removing the future product template. MarcK 04:11, 29 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Anyone know when this is supposed to be in paperback? I'll only pay $19.99 for a Star Wars book if it has pictures. Lonnyd 21:01, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
This really could use some major cleanup. The new list of characters could be placed in columns to shorten the length of the page, details on the story could be added, etc.
Details of story after Obi-Wan and Anakin leave the Outbound Flight are extremely inaccurate.
What you mean when you say
" Outbound Flight tells the story of the mysterious Outbound Flight Project mentioned in Heir to the Empire and Survivor's Quest, both by Zahn. Zahn intended them to resemble the original trilogy and prequel trilogy in format, with the latter being made first. "
I can't seem to parse that sentence :(
What resembles the original/prequel trilogies? "Outbound flight" book itself? or the three books being Outbound flight, Heir to the empire AND survivor quest? (Or even the thrawn trilogy itself???)
Also, I've only read the thrawn trilogy of the (post-return of the jedi) extended universe so far. Is it OK to read this book now? Or should i read "survivor's quest" first.
Am i right in thinking something like this set in the past can be read pretty much anytime?
(It's hard for someone like me who's only now getting into SW:EU to know where to start.)
Thanks in advance.
06:16, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- On the Outbound Flight (novel) article page, there is a podcast for TFN with Timothy Zahn explaining what happened with Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight (novel) and in what order they should be read. He also explains the similarity between the prequels and these novels.J.C'Boath III 11:26, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks heaps! I can't wait to get reading :D
Chronological order of novels Edit
Why is Outbound Flight placed after Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice? Is there a source for this placement? Or is it purely because of the prologue of The Way of the Apprentice, which says "Now Anakin was fourteen"? Imperators II(Talk) 22:06, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm wondering this myself, as I like to organize my books chronologically. Checking the given timelines within my books, Outbound Flight itself indicates it's 27 BBY, as well as a few other novels, including the Republic Commando series. However, some newer novels, including the Bane Trilogy and "Shadow Games," indicate that it's 32 BBY. Curious if anyone has an answer. Zoughtbaj (talk) 01:26, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
Crustai system asteroid field Edit
In Appearances under Locations it lists the Crustai system asteroid field. Where in Outbound Flight is this mentioned? Princess Leia Organa Solo-GLG 02:28, February 9, 2012 (UTC)