- Can you link to your version? I tried to get a clear version of her face, but the scene in the trailer moves so fast that the quality isn't very good. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 23:05, December 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Did you take this screen capture yourself, or find it elsewhere? - Brandon Rhea(talk) 21:12, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I've added a slightly smaller version of your image (smaller in order to increase the quality of it). You can see the image here, with your name credited as the one who took the screenshot. Thanks for sharing it! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:59, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Jakku, the planet was spelled out on Twitter. Please sign your post. - AV-6R7User talk:AV-6R7 18:00, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Canon and Legends Edit
Lets say for example Rey is revealed to be the daughter of Han and Leia, would her 'canon' article on Wookieepedia be merged with Jaina Solo's 'Legends' page, or would she still be considered a 100% original character despite the similarities? —Unsigned comment by Gentlemouse009 (talk • contribs).
- She would be considered a 100% original character. Even if she was Leia Organa's daughter, that's not the same thing as being a "canon version" of Jaina Solo. The canon/Legends tabs system is only for direct counterparts. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:42, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
- That may be true, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the character. Look at Darth Vader, for instance. Cwedin(talk) 04:23, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
- With some characters this is the case, but for some it isn't. Having a source on the actor's height isn't the same as a source for the character. Cwedin(talk) 04:38, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
I don't know why they wouldn't say the character is the same height as the actor unless they were wearing a suit of armor that made them taller. I am assuming that we aren't gonna say that Phasma is 6' 3" (1.90m) when the actress is as well. I can understand about not having sources but some things just should be common sense. lol Skywalker2255 (talk) 04:49, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Mon Mothma is canonically 1.50 meters, but both actresses who portrayed her are over 1.70 meters. Is that logical? No. But that's the way it is. --LelalMekha (talk) 08:02, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
Character Name OriginEdit
is it me or i have the idea she is Luke's daughter?
I myself was actually wondering the same thing. She has to be in my mind, but I didn't catch any official mentioning of it in the movie, and it's not in the article. Probably won't know until the sequels. I'm gonna have to see it again soon.
There was no mention of her being a Skywalker in the movie. Unless there is some other source that that is coming from, her name should not be listed as "Rey Skywalker."
Yeah, but if she is Luke's daughter, maybe they're keeping it as a surprise until the second of the trilogy, or maybe the third. Still, I agree that we should hold off on naming her "Rey Skywalker" until it's conclusively confirmed. --DarthKenny (talk) 06:00, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
There are rumors floating around that she was just the abandoned daughter of plain old space drifters. But, even if those rumors prove true, who is to say they won't be ret-conned in Episode 9 as her adoptive parents?184.108.40.206 05:48, December 28, 2017 (UTC)Carycomic
Happabores or Other CreaturesEdit
I think the creature named in "Rey accidentally released three Happabores" is incorrect. The wiki article for those creatures says they are herbivores, which clearly the creatures she released by opening the three doors were not.
I don't know what they *are* called, so I couldn't edit the article to fix it. If I find out what they are, I will post again. (A friend of mine says they were called Rothgars, but I can't find that anywhere to confirm.)
Is her stated birthdate (15 years after the Battle of Endor) correct? That would make her fifteen in Force Awakens, which seems very not accurate. Should the date be 15 ABY (rather than after Battle of Endor)?—Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
- She's nineteen. So, since ABY is not canon terminology (that's Legends), that would mean she was born "approximately 11 years after the Battle of Endor." - Brandon Rhea(talk) 00:11, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Or 15 ABY because the Battle of Endor was on 4 ABY (Of course, no BBY or ABY in canon) EJM8096 (talk) 04:39, April 14, 2016 (UTC)
Fight with Ren Edit
Ren did not flee, "prompting him to flee". She defeated him. He fell down and A big gaping hole opened between them.
- Not true. A hole opened, yes, but Ren didn't fall. We don't see exactly what happens to him, but Snoke orders Hux to retrieve him. - Madbrood(talk) 15:33, January 5, 2016 (UTC)
Also, she did not spare his life (that means she chose not to kill him) but in fact, she wasn't able to, because of the accident with the lightsabers causing the crack in the ice and everything fell to pieces after that It's possible Ren did that on purpose, knowing that Rey would have overpowered him otherwise. --Matthewmayhem (talk) 18:12, January 8, 2016 (UTC)
- The sabers didn't cause the chasm to open up, the planet was coming apart due to Starkiller Base's Thermal Oscillator being damaged/destroyed. - Madbrood(talk) 13:36, January 11, 2016 (UTC)
3.3 Factual correction Edit
I don't recall C3P0 accompanying Rey, R2D2 and Chewbacca to go and see Luke Skywalker.
'Her Blaster Pistol'Edit
I believe some mention should be made that this blaster pistol was provided to Rey by Han Solo. It was not hers to begin with and she was not proficient with its use, at least at first.
Protagonist of the Protagonists?
Is Rey considered to be the main character/protagonist over Finn, Poe, and Han since she defeated Kylo?
Force Abilities Edit
Rey was able to make great strides in her abilities by allowing the force to guide her when she was "calm, at peace" as taught by Yoda to Luke.
- She does this when Kylo has her captive and is trying to extract the information that he wants. She cringes and struggles to resist him, then has a moment of calm as seen on her face. She then does not have to struggle to resist and actually "reads" Kylo's fears.
- The next example happens when she tries to influence the storm trooper to let her go. Her first two attempts fail, then she closes her eyes in a moment of calm and forces (no pun intended) her captive to release her.
- The final major leap happens when saber fighting Kylo in the forest. The fight is clearly on Kylos side up to the point where they lock sabers and Kylo offers to train her in the ways of the force. This thought again brings Rey to a point of calm as she closes her eyes and thereafter fights with more skill and precision.
Endymion 09:09, December 29, 2015 (UTC)
Well, it would be interesting if she turns out to be Luke's daughter. It would be like that the legacy of Anakin as a Jedi and as a Sith was split between his grandchildren. Rey for the Jedi and Ben for the Sith.
- This isn't really the place to discuss fan theories. Daxus Ren (talk) 17:42, December 31, 2015 (UTC)
Why is it always 'was'?Edit
- All in-universe articles are written in past-tense, per "A long time ago..." It's just a Wookieepedia thing. Cwedin(talk) 03:55, January 21, 2016 (UTC)
Important! additional information from the recently published book Star wars the force awakens: Reys Story is surely something that needs to be added. such as when she experience the Force vision in Maz kanatas castle the book says the following: That she saw luke and vader in bespin
This is clearly a perspective from her point of view of the ongoing battle between Luke and Vader in episode V empire strikes back.
- For sure. I'm working on that and Before the Awakening information. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:11, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Reys speeder Edit
Hello! i am the same person that wrote the message with "information" as headline, there is a book called Star wars the force awakens: incredible cross sections, and the schematics of Rey speeder is there, I have a high quality picture that I will link http:// i.imgur.com/14XAgCt.jpg use this to add more information to the article, without having to look in the book, it makes it easier.
In Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded it says that her homeworld is Jakku, and I can't add it to the article so could someone do it please?--18.104.22.168 18:14, April 5, 2016 (UTC)
Rey as a childEdit
Rey and Han Solo flying the Millenium Falcon Edit
Hello! Whithout the help of Rey Han Solo would not have been able to go into Hyperspeed with the Millenium Falcon(not that fast at least). Please include this to make the description accurate. Thank you! /Ylva
Forces of DestinyEdit
2.2 Updated with new information Edit
Conflicting sources tag Edit
I meant to put a shorter version of this in the edit summary but I accidentally clicked the wrong buttons and hit Publish too soon.
I've removed the tag that says The Last Jedi and the novelization for The Force Awakens are contradictory sources. While I have no doubt that whoever added it did indeed find a contradiction, we have to remember that novelizations are canon where they align with the films. Even the new novelizations. Novelizations are written based on earlier scripts before a final cut of the movie is made and all of the final decisions about a movie is made. There are things in The Force Awakens novelization that may very well have been the intent of J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan at one point, but they were not reflected in the final film. And the Story Group does not hold future films to what's said in the novelizations. Because novelizations are ultimately an author's interpretation of the film.
As a result, there is no contradiction because the information from The Last Jedi supersedes whatever was said in The Force Awakens novelization. Whatever the contradiction is can be noted in the Behind the Scenes section, but it does not require a tag. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 18:35, December 17, 2017 (UTC)
Why is Rey called a Jedi in the wiki? She was not trained as a Jedi by any master, nor does she identify herself with the Order in any capacity. It makes no sense, is she a Jedi simply because she has a lightsaber and fights against Kylo? She's never called a Jedi in any film. Where it reads "Rey was a human female Jedi and scavenger" it should read "Rey was a human female force-sensitive and scavenger" (force-sensitive should replace any mention of her being a Jedi unless ep. IX comes out and outright states it). —Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs).