It's been over two months since this got marked for speedy deletion, and with Celebration coming up in a couple of weeks (and possibly a new trailer), I think it would be a good time to delete this page so there aren't even more redirects to fix. -- Dr. Porter (Talk|Contribs) 22:26, June 26, 2016 (UTC)
Just a quick question...I added it to this article but we may have misinterpreted (strictly speaking). Jimmy Smits said he'd appear in Rogue One, but did he specifically say he'd be portraying Bail, despite it being obvious? -- NoahR9 Chat with me! 00:13, August 28, 2016 (UTC)
Does any one know why the film is called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Because I saw their pages. SO Why if they got blown up!? --JS-4422 10:57, December 15, 2016 (UTC)
"wrong" release date? Edit
This happened to me with Episode VII, too--all the ads say the release date is such-and-such, but lots of places start showing a day early.
Last time i checked, Maryland was a part of the U.S., but the Maryland Science Center will have 7pm and 9:45pm showings December 15?
https COLON SLASH SLASH www DOT tickets DOT marylandsciencecenter DOT org/shows/i-rogue%20one-%20a%20star%20wars%20story/events
Posting this to Wikipedia and Wookieepedia. --184.108.40.206 02:18, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
I noticed that the title attribute in Eras is being used to display the title as simply Rogue One. Did we have an official decision on this? Is this because Rogue One is what is displayed within the film itself? If Rogue One is the title we're going with, then the page needs to be moved to that, rather than simply overriding it using Eras. Otherwise, we need to get that out of Eras. ProfessorTofty (talk) 06:50, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
TIE bomber appearance Edit
Did TIE bombers actually appear in the movie? I wasn't confident enough to edit it, but I'm pretty sure those were TIE boarding craft.02:08, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
They had to be TIE Shuttles, you wouldn't take TIE Bombers to board a ship. GabrielVelasquez (talk) 21:49, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
- They defienelty look like TIE boarding shuttles, but they have not yet been identified in canon, so we can't identify them yet. Therefore, the TIE bomber appearance for Rogue One should also be removed. Nivlacanator(talk) 22:08, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
- It could also be a TIE/sh VIP shuttle. Same shape and same purpose. And unlike the TIE/br boarding shuttle, TIE/sh VIP shuttles appeared in Star Wars: Episode V see: File:TIEShuttle-ESBHD.jpg. According to Forum:SH:Species, planet, and ship names oh my!. Leland Chee said it's "Fair to assume [canon] species names are the same unless you hear otherwise. Same goes for planets. And ship models". Brules Chat 22:40, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
I've taken the liberty of changing the bomber appearance to boarding shuttle. If there isn't enough evidence, then it should be "unidentified twin-hulled TIE craft" or something like that (not TIE bomber). Also, if its appearance is removed here, then the TIE/br boarding shuttle/Canon page should be deleted for the same reasons so as not to be contradictory. 19:30, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
3.3 Factual correction Edit
There's a timeline error; A New Hope is set 19 years after Revenge of the Sith (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_IV_A_New_Hope - "The film is set about 19 years after the formation of the Galactic Empire"), this article states that Rogue One is set 26 years after Revenge of the Sith.
- Fixed. Whoever wrote that just mistakenly put 13 years after the formation of the Empire instead of 13 years before the events of Rogue One/ANH. -- Dr. Porter (Talk|Contribs) 00:05, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
Malbus is a not a mercenary Edit
Baze Malbus is a former temple guardian like Chirrut, he is not a mercenary as stated in this article.
"Kidnapping" of Galen Erso? Edit
The word "kidnapping" doesn't apply here. Specifically, kidnapping is a criminal act. Most viewers would agree that Krennic's actions were immoral, but he was probably acting entirely within the bounds of Imperial law. What about "arrest" or simply "taking"? -- BlueResistance (talk) 14:50, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
- "Abduction of Galen Erso" would work nicely. -- BlueResistance (talk) 14:33, February 14, 2017 (UTC)
Jimmy Smits mentionEdit
It seems like if Genevieve O'Reilly's appearance reprising her role as Mon Mothma is mentioned, Jimmy Smits' reprisal of Bail Organa ought to be mentioned as well, as his role in Rogue One is just as significant as O'Reilly's, if not more so. Additionally, he did actually portray Bail Organa in the final cut of Revenge of the Sith, while O'Rielly's scenes were cut and only later released as deleted scenes. —Unsigned comment by Alderaanian (talk • contribs).
Reference the film maybe a basis ofEdit
Now not to criticise Rouge One and I wouldn't on Star Wars films but what I don't get in the movie is why they're is no happy ending for the Rouge One crew which is sad really it's kinda like a reference death count to a book written by Agatha Christie's novel "And Then There Were None" reference if you ask me it's kinda sad now Andor, Erso, K-2SO. Rook. Îmwe. and Malbus and the rest of the crew of Rogue One die if you ask me that's a reference to "And Then There Where None" written by Agatha Christie like the same Death Count in a similar manor, I don't know why they're was no happy ending in that film for them.
Not that I should criticise movies like that I wouldn't. ColbyJames79681@gmail.com 12:29, May 7, 2017 (UTC)
IMPERIAL DEFECTOR Edit
The article discusses an Imperial Cargo Shuttle Pilot, who defects, with word of the Death Star. Do we know anything more about him? His name? I'm hoping that there is a story, there.... Bosda Di'Chi (talk) 18:02, December 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Isn't that Bodhi Rook? I don't know about any other Imperial defector in the movie so maybe it could be that the context of the article makes it seem like there's another when there isn't, and if that's the case then it should be fixed.--Vitus Infinitus (talk) 18:03, December 12, 2017 (UTC)
Timeline of First FlashbackEdit
It says in the beginning of the Marvel Comic Adaptation "Lah'mu. Erso Family Home. Fifteen Years Ago." indicating the first flashback is set in 15 BBY, not 13 BBY. Relsis2018 (talk) 08:10, January 27, 2018 (UTC)