Deleted scene? Edit
I were looking at my old box of the game and there's this image of the Sulon Star approaching what looks like the palace Kyle arrives to in the dark ending. Does anyone have more info on this?--TetsuAero 22:39, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Old foes? Edit
- Did anyone else notice that on the back of the case, it says that you will encounter old foes, such as Greedo. This would, of course, be impossible seeing that Greedo was killed some time before the events of this game.
- Yeah, it's mentioned somewhere on here (I think) that the gamefiles call all the Rodians "Greedo" and all the Gran "Ree-yees", but perhaps we should mention that it also says this on the back of the box. -BaronGrackle 14:21, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- I think all Trandoshans are called Bossk.--Darth Oblivion 14:27, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- Is there 2 discs?
- The box has a number of odd errors. A later version had different box art, which showed a first person perspective of a Jedi dueling with Darth Vader. Vader appears nowhere in the game -- not even being alluded to.
In which house does the rabbit live in? Thanks
- The house which has a locked door (near the bridge), not long after you reach the town. You can find more infomation at game walkthrough and Easter egg sites. In fact, on our article for Max, the information for his meeting Kyle Katarn looks a lot like an Easter egg hunting guide. :-) -BaronGrackle 03:20, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks, I found Max. But how do I get him to follow me? Also is Mysteries of The Sith any good? I'm thinking about buying it. If I buy it I will have the entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Thanks,
Move Max!!! Edit
I have found Max, but how do I get him to follow me? Quinlanfan 17:12, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- This isn't a game walkthrough site, but I am sorry I didn't respond when you asked me on my talkpage. Since this is already up here... the answer is to physically push him out the door, after which he will move. -BaronGrackle 20:27, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
Question: is there a reference for when Jedi Knight takes place, how long after Return of the Jedi? I got the impression that it was not long at all, less than the several years it says here. I ask because I'm trying to figure out whether Mara Jade joined Luke's academy before or after she studied under Kyle (and that Kyle went to the academy with her). VictoryClassWoman 01:59, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- Jedi Knight is set 5ABY, so, 1 year after ROTJ. And you talk about Mara Jade studying under Kyle, but that is in the Jedi Knight add-on, Mysteries of the Sith, which is not set at the same time, 10ABY, so, 6 years after ROTJ, and 1 year before Luke creates the Jedi Academy. -- Kaal 12:51, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Better boxart Edit
- This article definitely needs a better picture of the boxart. The current one is small, grainy and the color contrast is weird. 126.96.36.199 15:29, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Grainy? Dude, it must be your monitor. It looks fine to me --The Lord of Darkness 19:03, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- New cover art uploaded. Not a lot bigger but it has nice colors and isn't "grainy" ;) Kaal 10:34, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't realize how bad it was 'till now LOL --The Lord of Darkness 13:57, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
Dark Rahn Edit
- No, at least not in the game Kaal 14:28, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- There IS a multi-player skin called Dark Rahn, but there are no canon elements to it. Din's Fire 997 17:41, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- Good point, I haven't though of the multiplayer mode, thanks for the info ;) Kaal 14:28, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
Due to my
ridiculously short attention span lack of ownership of the game myself, I am unable to perform many of the required steps needed to rid the article of that dreaded Cleanup tag.
- We need an actual Synopsis section, covering the canonical version of the game; the dark side bits go in "Alternatives in gameplay."
- This article is in desperate need to be stripped of POV, which I noticed is far too common on here. (As is the word "indeed," for reasons beyond my understanding.)
- Absolutely everything but the Appearances and Synopsis needs to be sourced.
- Trivia needs to stay out of the article. Anything that can be posted elsewhere as relevant (again, relevant) information should be.
I'm sure there's much more to be done (such as cleaning up whatever mess I, too, left behind) but these are several main aspects we should focus on. // ~mikah~ 21:16, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Kyle's lightsaber Edit
Which lightsaber did Kyle used to defeat Jerec and become his personal use when Dark Forces II is dark side ending?
- I believe that would be Yun's lightsaber, if my memory serves me well, as you kill Yun instead of Sariss in the non-canonical dark side ending and take his lightsaber. 188.8.131.52 17:19, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
- No, I'm going to disagree with myself. You take Yun's lightsaber in the LIGHT SIDE ending because he defends you from Sariss but she strikes him down. In the dark side ending, I believe you still have your original lightsaber from Rahn... Now I'm gonna have to load it up and play it to find out. =P 184.108.40.206 17:29, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
Extra Info Edit
A place to put extra info to be used in the article.
The program used for the cutscenes was Smacker Video technology by Invisible. Inc. d.b.a. RAD software. Source is from the game credits.--Tetsu Aero 21:25, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Multiplayer characters Edit
Who are these strange multiplayer characters Rugar, Santiago, One-Eye, Veamon and Krugon in this game? These characters even don't appear here on the star wars wikia website. 220.127.116.11 01:08, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure the section about the reception needs deleting, from memory both magazines were referencing jedi outcast, not dark forces 2. I'll see if i can scrounge up a digital copy of the magazines or something but i dont think there's anything we can do... Manoof (talk) 22:37, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Well at least the PC Gamer one is accurate. Jedi Outcast hadn't even been released when that 1997 article came out. And I doubt that Jedi Knight wasn't included on a list of best Star Wars games, but whether it was fourth on the list, who knows. Protectorate (talk) 22:48, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Oops your right, i must be thinking of a later list. I found this site which seems to put the game at number 1 in 98...
Release Date Contradictions Edit
This article claims that the game was released on October 9. However places like GoG, Metacritic, Gamerankings, Google, and Gamespot claim that it was released on September 30th. I've only seen three places that list it as October 9th. Here, where it is unsourced, Steam, and IGN. Steam and IGN are and have been big names, however, it seems to be more widely mentioned that September 30 was the release date for the game. Now, October 9th may not be entirely incorrect, because the base game was released in two different the ways. First you have the big box variant, complete with manual, CD, etc. And then you have a Jewel Case variant, which also has its own manual. The second release date could be one of the two versions, as opposed to both. But, I think until we know that, we change the date to Sep 30 (Which I will do now). --Clonehunter(Report your W.M.D.) 17:08, January 31, 2015 (UTC)