Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tall-Yor, more commonly known as Cognition-hoods, were the interfaces that the Yuuzhan Vong used to interact with, and pilot, their ships. Cognition-hoods were not separate organisms, but actually a part of the vessels they were shaped into, and connected to their pilots through neural cusps. Hoods would send information to the pilot in the Yuuzhan Vong, which it usually received from a yammosk. Hoods were also believed to respond to actions and physical movements that only the Yuuzhan Vong themselves could perform. The cognition hoods not only helped the pilot control the ship better but also was a speaker to help the pilots talk to each other. The cognition hoods would store some of the moves the pilot made and would help them plot exact procedures and precise attacks.
A larger variant was the cognition throne.
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Emissary of the Void
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Legacy 18: Claws of the Dragon, Part 5 (Appears in flashback(s))
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See cognition hood)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare