The Liberator-class starfighter served as the primary defense against the Mk VI and Mk VII Imperial interceptors employed by the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War and the Cold War.
Like other starfighters and smaller transport designs of the era, excluding a few notable exceptions like the Defender-class light corvette, the Fury-class Imperial interceptor, the BT-7 Thunderclap assault ship, and the X-70B Phantom-class prototype transport, the Liberator-class did not have hyperdrive engines. This forced their pilots to rely on larger ships, such as the Thranta-class corvette and Valor-class cruiser to carry them to their destination.
These starfighters were used to escort a diplomatic convoy of Republic transport ships to investigate unidentified starships that had invaded the Tingel Arm of the galaxy. They were obliterated by the forces of the Sith Empire's navy. Several fighters were also used to reclaim Alderaan following the battle of the same name.
These fighters later served as the primary starfighters during the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War against Mk. VI Imperial interceptors used by the Imperial Navy. They were loaded onto the Republic's Thranta-class corvettes and Valor-class cruisers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future
- Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First identified as Talon fighter)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- PC Gamer October 2010 issue
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First identified as Liberator-class)
- Star Wars Expanded Universe (Set: 9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter)
- (Picture only)