Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ubrikkian Talon I combat cloud car was an armed air vehicle designed to fill a niche between starfighters and lighter vehicles like the Storm IV cloud car. Introduced some time before the Battle of Yavin, Talon I combat cloud cars were known to be used until at least the era of the New Jedi Order.
Unlike most airspeeders, which generally had a flight ceiling around a few hundred meters, the Talon I had a ceiling of 100 kilometers. Using the Ubrikkian "Servant," a combined ion/repulsorlift engine, the Talon I could reach an airspeed of up to 1,500 km/h and could fly in environments that prohibited repulsorlift use by using only its ion thrust and aerodynamic design.
Though unshielded, it had good armor for a vessel of its size. A fire-linked double blaster cannon gave the Talon I sufficient firepower to challenge many starfighters and small transports, and its low cost made it a common sight in the aerospace fleets of many planetary law enforcement and customs agencies. Proper licensing allowed private citizens and organizations to use the Talon I as well.
The Noghri used Talon I cloud cars on Honoghr, based out of their main spaceport in Nystao. When Luke Skywalker first visited there, he was escorted by a pair of these craft. They were also used on Bespin and some Imperial-controlled planets, and were known to be popular in the Outer Rim.
- The Last Command (First appearance)
- The Last Command Sourcebook (As "Talon I Combat Cloud Car") (First described)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Combat Cloud Car)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Arms & Equipment Guide Extras!
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 101 (COM1-2, Combat Cloud Car)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (silhouette only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook