The Ubrikkian Talon I combat cloud car was an armed air vehicle designed to fill a niche between starfighters and lighter vehicles like the Storm IV cloud car. Introduced some time before the Battle of Yavin, Talon I combat cloud cars were known to be used until at least the era of the New Jedi Order.
Unlike most airspeeders, which generally had a flight ceiling around a few hundred meters, the Talon I had a ceiling of 100 kilometers. Using the Ubrikkian "Servant," a combined ion/repulsorlift engine, the Talon I could reach an airspeed of up to 1,500 km/h and could fly in environments that prohibited repulsorlift use by using only its ion thrust and aerodynamic design.
Though unshielded, it had good armor for a vessel of its size. A fire-linked double blaster cannon gave the Talon I sufficient firepower to challenge many starfighters and small transports, and its low cost made it a common sight in the aerospace fleets of many planetary law enforcement and customs agencies. Proper licensing allowed private citizens and organizations to use the Talon I as well.
The Noghri used Talon I cloud cars on Honoghr, based out of their main spaceport in Nystao. When Luke Skywalker first visited there, he was escorted by a pair of these craft. They were also used on Bespin and some Imperial-controlled planets, and were known to be popular in the Outer Rim.
- The Last Command (First appearance)
- The Last Command Sourcebook (As "Talon I Combat Cloud Car") (First described)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Combat Cloud Car)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Arms & Equipment Guide Extras!
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 101 (COM1-2, Combat Cloud Car)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (silhouette only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide