3 (shared position with Tralus
|Distance from Core||
Within 5000 light years
24 standard hours
392 standard days
|Points of interest|
Talus was one of the Twin Worlds located in the Corellian system that orbited Centerpoint Station, the other being Tralus, its sister planet. It was one of the five habitable planets in the system, and was a temperate world very similar to Corellia. It had a wide range of climates and terrain, including forests, grass plains and mud flats.
Talus was roughly the same size as its sister planet, Tralus. Both orbited a common center of gravity and were together known as the Double Worlds. Talus held many mysteries for explorers. It was rumored that a planetary repulsor was located deep beneath the planetary surface. This device may have been used millennia before the Battle of Yavin to move Talus from an unknown orbit and into its current orbit.
The planet was mostly inhabited by three sentient species: Humans, the Drall and the Selonians. Although the three species mostly lived peacefully, there was a history of political conflict amongst them, usually marked by sporadic violence. Talus was also home to farmers and miners, including a noteworthy Zabrak colony.
Originally Talus was ruled by a monarch, usually a Queen. This tradition ended, however, with the reformation period. There were nobles still on Talus as late as 10 ABY, some even claiming to be heirs to the throne.
Around 500 BBY, the Federation of the Double Worlds was founded, which became the government of Talus and Tralus. The capital of the Federation was Dearic on Talus. Corellia, Selonia, and Drall allied in an attempted takeover of the Federation, which failed. The Federation was allowed a certain degree of autonomy under Imperial rule.
Like Corellia, Talus remained largely neutral in the early days of the Galactic Civil War. The Galactic Empire monitored Talus for Rebel activity, but allowed Fed-Dub to operate independently and didn't interfere with the planet's major corporations. Although Talus wasn't as well known as Corellia, it had a vibrant economy that revolved around starship manufacturing.
- Decay mite
- Dung mite
- Guf Drolg
- Huf dun
- Painted Spat
- Sludge Panther
- The Old Republic: Smuggler's Vanguard
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- "MedStar: Intermezzo"—Star Wars Insider 83 (Mentioned only)
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- (Followers of Baba promotional scenario)
- Ambush at Corellia (First mentioned)
- Assault at Selonia (First appearance)
- Showdown at Centerpoint
- Millennium Falcon
- Abyss (Mentioned only)
- "On Our Planet: Corellia"—Star Wars Kids 3
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA3, Core Worlds Overview)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual