- "I saved your women from police custody."
"She's not my women. No one owns Lazula."
- ―Jak and Chawin
- "Yes. Oh. You want the weapon you seek, you join the team."
- ―Jak joins Chawin's gang
When the youngling Jak, a Rebel, rescued Lazula, Chawin's woman, from the custody of the Coruscant police, he was given a card that granted an audience with Chawin on Level 1313 of the Coruscant underworld. Jak went to see Chawin around the time of the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY that killed the Emperor  and negotiated for an EMP. He then gave it to the Anklebiter Brigade, a legion of youngsters that Jak belonged to, so that they could use it as a distraction against Imperial forces. These Imperial forces were fighting for control of CoCo Town against the Rebel Alliance. In exchange for the EMP, Jak pledged himself to Chawin's service.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Either way, I admire your take-charge attitude. You give me the card, I'll give you a birthday present. But it's a present that comes with a price tag, as all presents do. This price is not just another year added on to your life—the usual price for another year on this world—but something bigger. Longer. A different life. A life with me."
"You can go. Think about it. Talk to your family. Ask your house gods. But that is my condition. Lazula already told me what you want, and I know what I want as recompense."
- ―Chawin and Jak negotiate a weapon trade
Chawin is shown to be stubborn, demanding a price for the weapon he gave to Jak. Jak theorized that Chawin may have been nicknamed "the Thorn" since one of his horns was broken while the other looped around his chin and then jutted outward. Jak also theorized that there was the possibility that he was nicknamed "the Thorn" because he was "a thorn in the Empire's side."
Behind the scenesEdit
- Aftermath (First appearance)