- Anakin Skywalker: "Too bad we didn't bring Threepio along. How do you plan on communicating with these thing?"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Patience. Maybe they're smarter than we are."
- Thi-Sen: "[Says something in Talzzi, and then throws a spear at their feet]"
- Anakin Skywalker: "Well, say something."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Just shut up."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi meet Thi-Sen, chieftain of the Talz[src]
Talzzi was the language spoken by the Talz, a somewhat primitive species from the planet Orto Plutonia. The protocol droid C-3PO was able to translate the language, an ability that found use when representatives from Pantora conceded the Talz sovereignty over their homeworld, which up to that point was a protectorate of the moon.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "They have a language barrier. I think that worked very well for the story."
- ―Dave Filoni, on how the Talz language helped further the story of "Trespass"
Talzzi made its first appearance in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, though it was only identified as such in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One subtitles of "Trespass", the fifteenth episode of the first season of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One (First identified as Talzzi)