Talzzi was a language spoken by the Talz, a primitive species native to the planet Orto Plutonia, whose vocalizations sounded like a series of snarls. The protocol droid C-3PO was able to translate the language, an ability that found use when representatives from the Pantoran Assembly attempted to broker peace with the Talz in order to end an ongoing war between the Talz and the Pantorans for control of Orto Plutonia during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "They have a language barrier. I think that worked very well for the story."
- ―Supervising director Dave Filoni, on how the Talz's language barrier helped further the story of "Trespass"
Talzzi made its first appearance in "Trespass," the fifteenth episode of the first season of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, though it was only identified as such in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One subtitles of the episode. The language was identified simply as "Talz language" in the Netflix subtitles for "Trespass."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One (First identified as Talzzi)