The Tammuz-an people were a tall, gaunt humanoid species native to the planet of the same name. They were divided into two races: the purple-skinned Tammuz-an of the Kingdom of Julpa, and the blue-skinned inhabitants of the Outer Territories.
The kings of the purple Tammuz-an were the overall rulers of the planet. Though their monarchy was hereditary, the rightful king could not be crowned unless he presented the royal scepter to an official known as the Keeper of the Tower at the first sun of the equinox. During the early Imperial era, the rightful Crown Prince of Tammuz-an, Mon Julpa, was mind-wiped by his vizier Zatec-Cha, disguised as an android, and left on the planet Tyne's Horky. Zatec-Cha's intent was to take the scepter and present it to the Keeper of the Tower, thus becoming king.
After regaining his memories, thwarting Zatec-Cha's plans, and returning to the throne (thanks to the loyalist Tammuz-an Sollag, the Humans Jann Tosh and Jessica Meade, and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO), Mon Julpa tried to unite his planet's two feuding races by marrying Princess Gerin, daughter of Lord Toda of the Outer Territories. When the pirate Gir Kybo Ren-Cha kidnapped the princess, Toda worked with Julpa and his allies to free her. The newfound unity of the two cultures was strengthened by this struggle against a common threat, as well as by the love between the Mon Julpa and Gerin.
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince" (First appearance)
- The Lost Prince: A Droid Adventure
- The Pirates and the Prince
- Star Wars: Droids—"The New King"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Pirates of Tarnoonga"
- The Pirates of Tarnoonga: A Droid Adventure
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Revenge of Kybo Ren"
- Star Wars: Droids—"Coby and the Starhunters"
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids toy line
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (AWI1, A-Wing)