After the Battle of Endor, Grand Moff Nivers occupied the planet, but Tandankin was liberated by Wedge Antilles, Luke Skywalker, and Rogue Squadron. Wedge destroyed the Imperial TIE/LN starfighters before they could even launch, by shooting down a tall tower that crushed the TIEs.
The tower was the most cherished monument of Tandankin, and the populace was outraged, berating Wedge. Luke chastised them for their behavior, and they later apologized to and thanked Wedge.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing—Rogue Squadron Special (First appearance)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Marvel Series"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 118 (SKY41, Luke Skywalker)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia