- "It's a sad little slum named for the Imperial governor who kicked everybody out of their homes in Tangletown, and other outlying communities. Typical. Those in power don't ask, they just take."
- ―Ezra Bridger, on "Tarkintown"
Tangletown was a thriving farming community located on the planet Lothal that referred to itself as the "Food Basket of Lothal," touting its fruits, spices, and flavors. It had a historic downtown area, and called itself the "Relaxation Oasis of the Outer Rim." After the Galactic Empire arrived on Lothal, the citizens of Tangletown and other outlying farming communities were removed from their homes on the order of Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, governor of the Outer Rim, and relocated into a shantytown that they derisively referred to as "Tarkintown."
- The Rebellion Begins (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First mentioned, albeit indirectly)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger (First identified as Tangletown)
- Ultimate Star Wars (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Nexus of Power (Indirect mention only)