29 standard hours
356 local days
|Points of interest|
Imperial sector Moff
290,000 (Imperial troops)
Tangrene was a craggy mountainous world, almost completely devoid of surface vegetation and water. The local day lasted 29 standard hours; the local year 356 standard days. Tangrene indigenous species were peaceful nomads.
- "Tangrene was our real crowning achievement. We blasted a major Ubiqtorate center into fine powder. And then waltzed out right under the collective nose of the three Star Destroyers that were supposed to be guarding the place."
- ―Garm Bel Iblis
The Galactic Empire made Tangrene one of its most heavily defended fortress world. It was defended by 10 Imperial-class Star Destroyers and from 10 to 50 other smaller ships. 15 Imperial garrisons were scattered throughout the planet. The indigenous species was enslaved by Imperial forces and forced to help construct the Imperial fortifications. They were eventually wiped out by the local Moff to avoid any risk of insurrection. It was the location of an Imperial Ubiqtorate center attacked by Garm Bel Iblis after his split with Mon Mothma. During the last stages of the Thrawn campaign, Admiral Ackbar intended to fool the Imperial forces by sending a fleet at Tangrene while he attacked the Bilbringi Shipyards. However, Grand Admiral Thrawn accurately predicted that Bilbringi was the true target.
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising (First mentioned)
- The Last Command (Mentioned only)
- X-wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas