Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This is a consular ship… we're on a diplomatic mission…"
"If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador?"
- ―Captain Antilles and Darth Vader
The Tantive IV was a CR90 corvette in the service of the House of Organa. The ship was a central player in the events following the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of the Galactic Civil War.
Princess Leia Organa traveled onboard the Tantive IV when it was intercepted by the Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator. In the following battle, the main reactor of the Tantive IV was shut down and the ship was boarded by Imperial stormtroopers. Soon thereafter, the Tantive IV was destroyed by the Imperials.
As a vessel of state, the ship featured dining rooms for hosting state dinners as well as conference centers suitable for negotiations with interstellar dignitaries.
- In the opening crawl of the Italian edition of A New Hope, the ship is identified as Princess Leia's "aeronave stellare" ("stellar aeroship"). This term was probably based on the relationships between the terms "ship", "nautics" and "aeronautics". "Aeronave" is also the Italian term for "airship", the "mistery airship" is a particular kind of UFO, as ufologists says.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Lost Stars
- Droids in Distress book
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Escape from Darth Vader
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (Mentioned only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Indirect mention only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- (Indirect mention only)
- ; image #4 (of 15)
- ; images #1-3 (of 16)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Alderaan Cruiser. Star Wars Rebels (November 27, 2014). Retrieved on December 12, 2014. "These vehicles are often used as consular ships, on diplomatic missions." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Lost Stars
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Escape from Darth Vader
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Mistery airship on Wikipedia.
- Tantive IV on Wikipedia