- "This is a consular ship… we're on a diplomatic mission…"
"If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador?"
- ―Captain Antilles and Darth Vader
The Tantive IV (pronounced /ˈtæntɪˌvi 'fɔ:r/) was a CR90 corvette in the service of the House of Organa. The ship was a central player in the events following the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of the Galactic Civil War.
As a vessel of state, the ship featured dining rooms for hosting state dinners as well as conference centers suitable for negotiations with interstellar dignitaries.
The ship was used by Bail Organa as a mobile headquarters during his duties as an Imperial Senator for Alderaan. It was briefly broken into twice by Ahsoka Tano in her quest to speak with Organa. It assisted with the evacuation of Raada and was captained by Raymus Antilles.
Princess Leia Organa boarded the Tantive IV with the intention of travelling to Tatooine to meet with the exiled Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. Before she could depart however, the Battle of Scarif broke out. Towards the end of the battle, the Tantive IV was docked inside the crippled Rebel flagship Profundity, and barely managed to launch and escape the battle with the stolen schematics of the Death Star before Darth Vader could board it to recover them.
The Tantive IV then headed to Tatooine, but was pursued and intercepted by the Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator. In the following battle, the main reactor of the Tantive IV was shut down, and Imperial stormtroopers boarded the ship. Soon thereafter, the Imperials destroyed the Tantive IV.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Lost Stars
- Droids in Distress book
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Escape from Darth Vader
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (Mentioned only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Indirect mention only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- (Indirect mention only)
- ; image #4 (of 15)
- ; images #1-3 (of 16)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Alderaan Cruiser. Star Wars Rebels (November 27, 2014). Retrieved on December 12, 2014. "These vehicles are often used as consular ships, on diplomatic missions." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Lost Stars
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Escape from Darth Vader
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Ahsoka
- Tantive IV on Wikipedia