A targeting computer (also called a target device) was a device used aboard starships to aid pilots in targeting their weapons. A target was considered vulnerable when it was aligned with the electronic crosshairs of a targeting computer's gun-sights.
The size of these devices depended on the power of the weapon being targeted. Smaller targeting computers were used aboard one-man starfighters while much larger targeting computers were used to help target turbolasers.
Targeting computers generated a digital projection of the battlefield from the pilot's point of view, and located enemy units with various sensors. Crosshairs determined where the ranged weapons—whether laser cannon bolts or otherwise—would travel, and the targeting computer also highlighted an enemy fighter, turret, tank, or other target when it came in range of the ranged weapons.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Star Warriors: Starfighter Combat in the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- 'Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- X-Wing Miniatures Game
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Luke Skywalker (Special))