A taser stave, also known as a taser staff, was a melee weapon manufactured by Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. and used by security forces on Coruscant during the time of the Galactic Empire. The Coruscant Guard were specially trained to use these weapons in personal combat and riot control situations.
These taser staves were the cousins of the electrostaff wielded by IG-100 MagnaGuards during the Clone Wars. The staves were electrical melee weapons equipped with electromagnetic pulse-generating tips, that created a current powerful enough to ignite fabrics upon contact. They were graduated in intensity depending on the situation's demand, so they could be used to shock, to inflict severe pain, or to kill.
Smaller one handed versions of the weapon existed, called Taser batons as well. Significantly smaller, the batons were equipped with the same graduated intensity settings, though were not as widely spread as taser staves due to their ability to be hidden. A special license was needed to privately own one of these weapons.
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire toy line
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (as Taser Staff)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide