- "Tatooine's twin suns are calling you to this spectacular vacation getaway! Experience first-hand the non-stop action of a moisture farm or the sultry night life of the Mos Eisley cantina. Bring the entire family to meet the native Tusken Raiders and enjoy their curious rituals and customs. The sands are beckoning you so book your vacation now!"
- ―Sales pitch accompanying the poster
Tatooine Travel Advertisement was the name of an advertising poster available in the galaxy shortly after the Battle of Yavin during the Galactic Civil War. The poster was meant to lure travelers to Tatooine, a desert planet in the Tatoo system. The advertisement depicted a city on the planet, with several domed buildings and people walking through the streets. Aurebesh text, the alphabet of Galactic Basic Standard, at the top of the poster read "Tatooine."
The Tatooine advertisement depicted a typical settlement on the planet with several domed buildings, some with tall spires. Several ships were barely visible in the sky, and a few sentients could be seen bustling through the sandy, dusty streets. Text in the upper-left corner of the poster, written in the Galactic Basic Standard alphabet of Aurebesh, read "Tatooine."
Tatooine Travel Advertisement was an advertising poster that was available in the galaxy around 1 ABY, following the conclusion of the Battle of Yavin, a crucial engagement in the conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic known as the Galactic Civil War. The purpose of the poster was to convince travelers and tourists to visit Tatooine, a desert planet in the Tatoo system.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Tatooine Travel Advertisement was a decorative item in the massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars Galaxies, which was released to the public on June 26, 2003. The game shut down on December 15, 2011. Players could obtain the poster as a loot item from the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game expansion set Agents of Deception. Several other similarly themed advertisement posters were available through the trading card game. Once obtained, the player could use the poster as decoration in a personal structure.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ Royce, Brianna (2011-06-24, 4:00 p.m.). Exclusive: Smedley on the sunsetting of Star Wars Galaxies (Updated). Massively. AOL Inc. Retrieved on April 16, 2014. "Sony Online Entertainment has announced that Star Wars Galaxies will be shutting down on December 15th of this year"
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception