- "After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming."
- ―Taun We, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Taun We was a female Kaminoan who served as the administrative aide to Lama Su, the Prime Minister of the planet Kamino. At the behest of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, her people accepted the commission to produce a clone army for the Galactic Republic. A decade later, she accompanied Obi-Wan Kenobi during his inspection tour of the clone operation, and also introduced the Jedi Knight to the army's template, Jango Fett.
- "Tell your Council that the first battalions are ready. And remind them, if they need more troops, it will take more time to grow them."
- ―Taun We, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Taun We was the administrative aide to the Prime Minister of Kamino, Lama Su, during the last years of the Galactic Republic. In the decade between the Naboo Crisis and the outbreak of the Clone Wars, the Kaminoan government utilized its advanced cloning technology to engineer an army of clone soldiers at the behest of the Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, who foresaw that the Republic would need a proper military for its defense. As a member of the prime minister's administration, Taun We was involved in the army's development.
Twenty-two years before the Battle of Yavin, the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi traveled to the Kaminoan homeworld during his investigation into an assassination plot against Senator Padmé Amidala. Taun We greeted Kenobi in Tipoca City under the false impression that he came to inspect the cloning operation as an emissary of the Jedi Order. After introducing him to Lama Su, she arranged a meeting between Kenobi and Jango Fett—a human bounty hunter who served as the original source of the clone army—at the Jedi's request.
Before Kenobi's departure from the cloning facility, Taun We confirmed that the first battalions were ready for service, although more units required additional time to complete their growth stage. Shortly thereafter, the Grand Army of the Republic was formed—its ranks consisting of the Kaminoan clone troopers—in response to the military threat of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I should very much like to meet this Jango Fett."
"I would be very happy to arrange it for you."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Taun We
Taun We was a Kaminoan female who stood at 2.13 meters. Physically she was notable for her beauty and sylph-like figure. Like other members of her race, Taun We had large black eyes with white pupils. She possessed a gentle nature, but was also naive and therefore failed to realize that Obi-Wan Kenobi had been unaware of the clone army's existence prior to his arrival on Kamino.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)