- "I made Jedi friends because you get better prices when you drink with your clients… even if you're only drinking tea."
- ―Antron Bach
Tea was a kind of non-alcoholic beverage that was notably consumed by the people of Alderaan and those of Mandalore. There existed many types of tea. One was made from the florets of the Cassius tree. Another, known as Tarine tea, was served on planets as diverse as Lothal and Christophsis. Gatalenta was a planet famous for its tea. One tea was the Deychin tea. While some varieties of tea were consumed hot, others were served cold, as exemplified by the fizzy Moogan tea and the Ardees Beverage tea. Teahouses were establishments dedicated to the serving of tea.
At some point during the Clone Wars, smugglers led by a Moogan named Tee Va came to Sundari, the capital city of Mandalore, where they distributed Ardees beverage tea diluted with slabin, a hazardous chemical. As a result, Tee Va's profits were doubled, but many Sundari schoolchildren became ill. However, due to to an investigation run by the Duchess of Mandalore, Satine Kryze, and the Galactic Republic Senator Padmé Amidala, Tee Va and his smugglers were arrested.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Princess Leia, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Bloodline
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Tea on Wikipedia