A tech specialist was an individual highly skilled with a wide array of talents related to technology. Tech specialists were usually expert computer users, security breachers, droid repairers, and were able to deactive the most advanced of demolitions.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Tech Specialist is a character class in the computer game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. It is the unique character class of Bao-Dur; no other character is known to belong to the Tech Specialist class in that game. Bao-Dur receives 6 Skill Points during a level up—7 if the player gives one more Attribute Point to him on his Intelligence.
- The Tech Specialist is a core character class from the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook Edition. Among other specialties, this was the only core character class that could create items that were superior in quality and granted appropriate bonuses for their use. This character class has been eliminated with the advent of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition and a talent tree, along with a special feat, has been added to replace it. Interestingly, the new feat and talent tree seem to give a slight bias towards using scoundrels or nobles as tech specialists, implying that a "tech" should not be particularly combat-heavy.
- The Tech Specialist has been represented in the Star Wars Miniature Game with the Iktotchi Tech Specialist (Revenge of the Sith Expansion) and the Mon Calamari Tech Specialist (Alliance and Empire Expansion).
Examples of Tech SpecialistsEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Shadows of the Empire novel (as "Tech")
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent (as "Technologist")
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only) (as "Technologist")
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Miniatures: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Miniatures: Alliance and Empire