|Mankvim-814 light interceptor|
Mankvim-814 light interceptor
The Mankvim-814's simple construction consisted largely of a reactor feeding power to a high-velocity ion drive. A magnetized rudder tilted the ion flow for off-axis thrust, while side thrusters aided roll and yaw adjustments.
The interceptor was armed with twin rapid-fire laser cannons and durable deflector shields for combat. The Mankvim-814 light interceptor seated one pilot, typically a droid pilot. The interceptor's aerodynamic wings, fitted with repulsorlifts, aided with overall maneuverability.
The Mankvim-814 was a bulbous, oval-shaped, short-range fighter created by the Feethan Ottraw Scalable Assemblies on behalf of the Techno Union on the planet Utapau. The Techno Union built these tiny, short-ranged starfighters on the planet from local materials. They were hastily constructed in the Grand Halls without any regard for Utapau's architectural heritage.
Behind the scenesEdit
While Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections gives the maximum atmospheric speed of the Mankvim-814 as being 62,000 km/h, the later published Starship Battles Preview 6 gives it as being 1,450 km/h. It is possible that the latter is simply gameplay mechanics. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary mislabels a picture of a scoop skimmer as a Mankvim-814 interceptor.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit