Although the Tector-class Star Destroyer greatly resembled the contemporary Imperial-class, it had neither ventral hangar bay or ventral bulb. Instead, the Tector design had thick armor panels running along the keel line, covering the areas normally used as hangar openings, as well as the power generator's bulb.
Tector-class Star Destroyers were used by the starfleet of the Galactic Empire. In the twenty-fourth year of his reign, Galactic Emperor Palpatine lured the enemy Rebel Alliance into a trap: when the Rebel ships arrived in the Endor system, they found themselves surrounded by the largest flotilla of Imperial vessels ever assembled. At least one Tector vessel, Harbinger, took part in the Battle of Endor, during which she was destroyed.
Behind the scenesEdit
A hangarless Star Destroyer was briefly spotted in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In April 2005, the name Tector was first used in the Legends reference book Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, although not explicitly in relation to the ship seen in Return of the Jedi. One year later, on May 5th, 2006, Leland Chee confirmed on the Official Message Board of StarWars.com that the hangarless ship from the movie was indeed a Tector-class Star Destroyer.
The first canonical source to use the name Tector-class was "The Levers of Power," a 2015 short story written by Jason Fry. On Twitter, Fry confirmed his authorial intent that the nomenclature still described the hangarless Destroyer from Return of the Jedi, and that the particular Tector seen in the movie was the Harbinger.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Mentioned only) (First identified as Tector-class Star Destroyer)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, p. 5
- ↑ Leland Chee confirms the Tector-class as being the hangarless ship from Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot) . “@LelalMekha I assumed so but it's up to you how to weight authorial intentions....” (