In 4 ABY, the Tector-class Star Destroyer Harbinger was part of the Imperial Navy's fleet defending the second Death Star over the moon of Endor. After the Rebel Alliance launched an assault on the seemingly incomplete station, which was actually a trap engineered by Emperor Palpatine designed to destroy the entirety of the rebellion at once, the Harbinger was destroyed by advancing rebel ships. Shortly after, the space station itself was destroyed, along with a large portion of the gathered Imperial forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
The first new canon source to use the name Tector-class was "The Levers of Power," a 2015 short story written by Jason Fry and included in the compilation book The Rise of the Empire. On Twitter, Fry confirmed his authorial intent that a hangarless Star Destroyer seen in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi is supposed to be the Tector-class Star Destroyer Harbinger.
In Star Wars Legends, the Tector-class was first referenced in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, a 2005 reference book.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot) (In response to "@jasoncfry I assume that the Tector-class Harbinger (from "Levers of Power") is the one hangarless ISD seen in ROTJ, right? :-)") In this tweet, Jason Fry explains that it was his intention that a hangarless Star Destroyer seen in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi is supposed to be the Tector-class Harbinger. . "@LelalMekha I assumed so but it's up to you how to weight authorial intentions...." (
- ↑ Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections