The IPG-X1131 LongTail sported excellent traction and acceleration, able to achieve a maximum speed of 775 kilometers per hour. The pod's cockpit had a circular design, built around a gyroscopic stabilizer ring that rotated at 230 rpm. This ensured the otherwise-unaerodynamic Pod remained stable during flight.
Teemto Pagalies piloted this podracer in the Boonta Eve Classic during the time of the Invasion of Naboo. While racing around the Canyon Dune Turn, his pod took a direct shot to the right engine by the Tusken Raider Orr Agg R'orr. Pagalies survived the crash by rolling to safety in the circular cockpit. He later entered the Vinta Harvest Classic with podracer strikingly similar to his old one.
In 1 BBY, an unidentified pilot ran (and won) the Boonta Eve Classic using a podracer that looked very similar to Pagalies', stacking a StarSpeeder 1000 that inadvertently raced part of the third lap underneath it, apparently giving the StarSpeeder "twice the power".
Early in the Galactic Civil War period, a spacer acquired a podracer that looked very similar to Pagalies's. However, this was believed to be a mere replica, and not the same vehicle piloted by Pagalies.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars 15: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 3
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Replica)
- Tatooine Ghost
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars Episode I: Podracer Punch-Outs
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 62 (POD11-12, Teemto Pagalies' Podracer)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: IPG-X1131 Longtail Engine Podracer)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Teemto Pagalies)