Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Hello stranger. I have never seen you here before. I am Teemto, one of Mos Espa's most famous racers."
- ―Teemto Pagalies, to Qui-Gon Jinn
- "It was fast."
"That's all? Just fast?"
- ―Teemto Pagalies and Leia Organa discussing Pagalies's podracing days
Considered handsome by Veknoid standards, Teemto Pagalies was exiled from his home planet after unwittingly attracting the attention of a beautiful Veknoid princess and resisting her attempts at matrimony. Subsequently, he became a fringer, desperately trying to find work in the Outer Rim Territories, but he could find solace nowhere. As a last resort (some might say as a suicide attempt) Pagalies tried Podracing, and he finally found his talent. He used an IPG-X1131 Longtail.
When he came to Tatooine, he became infatuated with the Twi'lek Ann Gella, a masseuse of Sebulba, but he could not get her to notice him. He also managed to buy a slave Rodian mechanic from Mars Guo called Pax Bonkik.
Teemto Pagalies also attended Boles Roor's glimmik concert prior to the race, in which he found out that Mars Guo was hitting on Ann Gella, offering to take her away from the planet if he won the race. Frustrated, Pagalies told Sebulba about the affair and the notorious Dug took Guo out during the race in retaliation.
- "I can drink five times as much as any being three times my height."
- ―Teemto Pagalies
In the 7-Gee Lounge before the race, Pagalies, a notorious drunkard, had more than a few Juri juices. A professional hit man named Jym Lang had been hired by Jabba Desilijic Tiure to capture the unsuspecting, half-drunken Veknoid to be fed to the sarlacc. However, his life was saved by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, who purposely gave Lang the wrong coordinates of Teemto just moments before the bounty hunter had plotted to carry out the deed.
Of the pilots who entered the Boonta Eve Classic, Pagalies' Podracer boasted the longest engines, and he was confident that between this and the internal stabilizer ring built into his Pod, Pagalies' Podracer was technologically superior and could not help but win.
Unfortunately, his lofty theories were proved incorrect by a well-placed potshot from the Tusken Raider Orr Agg R'orr in the Canyon Dune Turn, destroying his engines and sending his Pod whirling into the air. Pagalies sustained some injuries from the incident, including having his ears melted off, but recovered fairly quickly and soon returned to the races.
Soon afterwards, Pagalies was racing in the Vinta Harvest Classic, apparently with healed ears (or prosthetics). He made the mistake of taunting Sebulba in the starting blocks, and Sebulba reacted by injuring Pagalies's lower back before the race. Pagalies nevertheless finished this new race alive. He was later seen celebrating in the Seko Cantina, in Ryloth
He came to be known for trying daring stunts and became a great crowd pleaser. In one such stunt, Pagalies lost one of his eyes in the resulting crash. Though he jumped around Podracing planets for a while, he eventually settled on the spice-mining world of Mon Gazza, where the long, open tracks were perfect for the feats he was able to coax out of his Podracer.
Some time later, Pagalies won the Aleen Classic and planned to use the prize money to buy Ann Gella's freedom from Sebulba. But since he knew that his mechanic's brother, Trax Bonkik, was also owned by Sebulba, he used the money instead to buy Trax's freedom in the last moment; therefore reuniting the brothers.
In 8 ABY, Pagalies was working in the old Mos Espa Grand Arena (now a swoop arena) for Ulda, alongside his previous competitor Ody Mandrell. By this point he had also lost an arm. It was at the Arena that Pagalies was questioned by Leia Organa Solo about the truth behind her father's victory at the Boonta Eve Classic so many years previously.
Behind the scenesEdit
Teemto Pagalies was created for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, but first appeared in the film's novelization by Terry Brooks. Conceptual art for the character, including bone structure, was created by concept artist Terryl Whitlatch. The character's surname is mispelled 'Pugales' in Todd Strasser's 1999 Scholastic book, Star Wars Episode I Journal: Anakin Skywalker.
- Star Wars Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
- Episode I Adventures 6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Podracing Tales
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace game
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 15: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 3
- Star Wars 21: Twilight, Part 3
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Kinect Star Wars
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- Tatooine Ghost
- Racer Rush
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Episode I: Podracer Punch-Outs
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 26 (POD2, Podracer Pilots)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 62 (POD11-12, Teemto Pagalies' Podracer)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Teemto Pagalies (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Teemto Pagalies (★★★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Gasgano (★★★★)) (Picture only)
- "Podracing 101!"—Star Wars Magazine 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Podracing Tales
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace; Orr Agg R'orr identified in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- ↑ Star Wars 21: Twilight, Part 3
- ↑ Tatooine Ghost
- ↑ Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force