Tehk'la blades were similar in design to vibrodaggers and featured both a serrated edge and vibration generators to aggravate damage when withdrawn from a wound. Additionally, the blade was well balanced, capable of being used with the off hand by those who were capable of using two weapons simultaneously. The balanced blade also made it a useful throwing knife. These weapons were not simply used to battle opponents but to cripple them upon victory.
Tehk'la blades were individually crafted for the owner of the weapon, and often they were crafted by the owner himself. During the period of the Mandalorian Wars, many were made with cortosis weave as was common with vibroblades in the Old Republic. Some Twi'lek assassins used them for weapons.
Nagai brothers Vor Essen and Kor Essen knew how to make Tehk’la blades. When they were captured by Chevin slaver Phylus Mon around 20 BBY, they would try to bribe any would-be rescuers for help to escape by crafting them specially-made Tehk’la blades.
Nagai military leader Ozrei N'takkilomandrife was a proficient user of the Tehk’la blade. Wookiees that he befriended on Kashyyyk were unable to pronounce his name, so they took to calling him "Knife" in Shyriiwook for his skills with his Tehk'la blade.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars 91: Wookiee World (First appearance)
- Star Wars 96: Duel With a Dark Lady
- Star Wars 97: Escape
- Star Wars 102: School Spirit
- Star Wars 103: Tai
- Star Wars 107: All Together Now
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- A Mon Alone
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions (cover image only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Mon Alone
- ↑ Star Wars 91: Wookiee World
- ↑ A Mon Alone p31; Ultimate Alien Anthology p104
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology p61