Telepathy was the ability to mentally communicate with other individuals. Some Force-users were able to communicate via telepathy, and the Iktotchi Jedi Master Saesee Tiin was a naturally superior telepath. The Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was able to call out to his twin sister Leia Organa using telepathy when he needed rescuing on Cloud City, as did Darth Vader to convince Luke to turn to the Dark Side. Although not true telepaths, the Mahran species were able to faintly sense the emotions of others. The disembodied B'omarr monks, who remained alive as bottled brains mounted on spider-like droid legs, communicated telepathically, with the help of a telepath response unit. Kylo Ren was also an experienced telepath, capable of extracting information from even unwilling targets. Telepathy was amongst the powers of Supreme Leader Snoke.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded