It was the location of a major droid construction facility, which covered nearly the entire surface of the moon. The moon was without atmosphere, and all the manufacturing facilities were located in domed structures connected by air-tight tunnels and overland corridors. It was guarded by a wide range of battle droids and guard droids.
Prior to the Clone Wars, Telti was the site of one of the Techno Union factories which produced B1 battle droids. This factory and others across the galaxy were shut down prior to the outbreak of war, leading to the layoffs of 12.5 million employees. While business reasons were cited, in reality, the Techno Union had joined forces with the Separatists, and moved their production lines to worlds in the Outer Rim Territories, far from the prying eyes of Republic inspectors.
The moon joined the New Republic, but fell under the control of Brakiss, a Dark Jedi underling of Kueller. On Kueller's orders Brakiss had the droids produced on Telti equipped with bombs. These droids were used to decimate Almania, Pydyr, Auyemesh, and Smuggler's Run, as well as bomb the New Republic Senate.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 (Mentioned only) —
- The Cestus Deception (Mentioned only)
- The New Rebellion (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege (First mentioned)
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion