Temiri Blagg, a Force-sensitive human male, was a child who lived a forlorn existence working as a stable hand in the Canto Casino during the First Order–Resistance war. He was part of a team of urchins—children abandoned on the planet Cantonica as a result of gambling losses—who oversaw the racing fathiers of Canto Bight under the management of Bargwill Tomder. In 34 ABY, he briefly encountered the Resistance operatives Rose Tico and Finn, who were attempting to evade the officers of the Canto Bight Police Department. Finn and Tico ultimately escaped Canto Bight with the help of Blagg and his fellow urchins, who released the fathiers from the stables, resulting in the animals stampeding through the city and escaping into the desert.
Following the Battle of Crait, Blagg and the other stable hands listened as another urchin, Oniho Zaya, regaled them with tales of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and how he stood alone against the First Order on Crait. He resumed his duties shortly afterward, sweeping the floor of the stables. By then he concealed a Resistance ring, a Galactic Civil War-era antique formerly owned by Tico. While staring at the stars, Blagg—who dreamed of a better life away from Canto Bight—telekinetically lifted his broom with the power of the Force.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Temiri Blagg)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ "Star Wars: The Last Jedi gives a name to that orphan boy" - IGN