- "Sir, the temperature's dropping too rapidly."
- ―A Rebel lieutenant
On the planet of Hoth, the temperature in summer, the hottest season, only crawled up to about 10 degrees below freezing. On the contrary, the temperatures on Tatooine were so high that only a small part of the planet's northern hemisphere could sustain intelligent life. The boiling surface of Bespin, a gas giant, bubbled at a constant six thousand degrees.
Frequent orbital bombardments and beam-weapon assaults could affect the atmosphere of a planet to the point of increasing the temperature of that world's seas, potentially killing many of the organisms they contained.
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, Updated Edition