- "Sir, the temperature's dropping too rapidly."
- ―A Rebel lieutenant
On the planet of Hoth, the temperature in summer, the hottest season, only crawled up to about 10 degrees below freezing. On the contrary, the temperatures on Tatooine were so high that only a small part of the planet's northern hemisphere could sustain intelligent life. The boiling surface of Bespin, a gas giant, bubbled at a constant six thousand degrees.
Frequent orbital bombardments and beam-weapon assaults could affect the atmosphere of a planet to the point of increasing the temperature of that world's seas, potentially killing many of the organisms they contained.
- Jedi of the Republic—Mace Windu, Part I
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Dark Disciple
- Lords of the Sith
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- "Ice Breaking"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 16
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- "Bump"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
- "All Creatures Great and Small"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- "The Perfect Weapon" (Mentioned only)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization