The Temple of the Kyber, also known as the Temple of the Whills or simply the Kyber temple was a great temple located in the Holy City, a large, walled city on the cold, desert moon of Jedha. The temple, rising high above the city wall, was held sacred by those who followed the teachings of the Church of the Force. The Temple was destroyed when the Galactic Empire tested the first Death Star's superlaser on the Holy City. Previously, the temple had been looted of the kyber crystals it contained, and the Guardians of the Whills, the temple's guardians, sent out into the street.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Whills first appeared in the original drafts of A New Hope as an equivalent name for the Force. The term appeared in a smattering of Legends sources, such as the A New Hope novelization, and was made canon in 2015 when the novelization of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens referred to the Journal of the Whills.
- Guardians of the Whills novel
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Rogue One, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 3: Book I, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First identified as Temple of the Whills)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Rogue One Rebel Dossier (First identified as Temple of the Kyber)