|Star Wars work||
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
|Other work of note|
Temuera Morrison (b. December 26, 1960) played Jango Fett in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Morrison was the model for the CGI clone troopers in Revenge of the Sith and has acted and voice-acted as clone trooper commanders CC-2224, Odd Ball, and Gree, CC-4477 as well as CC-1119 and CT-0000/1010. He provided the visuals for Commander Odd Ball, Captain Jag and Commander Cody. He also lent his voice to the character of Boba Fett in the original Star Wars trilogy, re-released on DVD in 2004. He also did the voice acting of "Boss" in the game Star Wars: Republic Commando, the voices of clone troopers in Star Wars: Battlefront, Jango Fett in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, a clone officer, Jango, and his son, Boba Fett in Star Wars: Battlefront II. Typically, Morrison voiced almost all clone troopers, Boba, and Jango in a large amount of Expanded Universe material. For his re-recording of Boba Fett's lines in the original trilogy, Morrison spoke the lines over the phone, from Auckland, New Zealand to California. When recording the lines, Morrison originally also wanted to replace Boba's scream in Return of the Jedi, as the character falls into the Sarlacc pit.
Coincidentally, one of Morrison's co-stars on the New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street was Daniel Logan, the future Boba Fett. He also played alongside Rena Owen, who played both Nee Alavar and Taun We, in Once Were Warriors. He also starred beside Harrison Ford in Six Days, Seven Nights.
After his appearance in Attack of the Clones, artists were free to depict Boba Fett and Clone troopers without helmets, based on his look. Chapter 21 of Star Wars: Clone Wars was one of the first media to do this. Infinities and Star Wars Tales stories have also depicted the unmasked Boba Fett bearing a strong resemblance to Morrison.
Work in Star WarsEdit
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Jango Fett)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (Jango Fett, all clone troopers)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Republic Infantry, Republic Officer)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (voice of Delta 38)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Commander Cody, all clone troopers)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (noises of Jango Fett and the clones)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Republic Officer 1, Retired Clone Trooper)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (voice of Boba Fett)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (voice of Boba Fett)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (voice of Boba Fett) (DVD, Blu-ray)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Temuera Morrison on Wikipedia