Ten Numb was a male Sullustan starfighter pilot that flew for the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. During the Battle of Endor, he flew a B-wing starfighter under the callsign Blue Five.
Ten Numb was a male Sullustan bounty hunter hailing from the planet Sullust. Numb sought to use his expertise in demolitions to aid the Alliance to Restore the Republic in their fight against the Galactic Empire.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Battle of EndorEdit
Shortly before the Battle of Endor, Ten Numb was present during a briefing aboard the Rebel Alliance command ship, Home One. During the briefing, the Alliance High Command revealed a plan to destroy a shield generator installed on the moon Endor. The generator was protecting the Galactic Empire's unfinished second Death Star, stationed in orbit above the moon.
Ten Numb was assigned to Blue Squadron, piloting a B-wing starfighter under the callsign Blue Five. During the assault, Numb led Blue Squadron in an attack against Imperial command ships, resulting in the destruction of two Imperial Star Destroyers. Following the demise of the Death Star, Ten Numb joined the Rebels in celebration on the surface of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ten Numb was portrayed by creature technician Mike Quinn in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. An unscripted scene of Ten Numb inside a B-wing cockpit was filmed for Return of the Jedi; however, the scene was deleted. In the shot, Numb could be seen wearing a green uniform, instead of the red B-wing suit seen in the film.
Early Star Wars media mistakenly portrayed Ten Numb as having a white suit. This confusion may have been caused by early preproduction photos from Return of the Jedi featuring Ten Numb wearing a white outfit. The "incorrect" photos of Ten Numb have since been digitally recolored to better match his film appearance.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Star Wars Style: Return of the Jedi, Part 5"—Star Wars Insider 157
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Picture only)
- ; image #13 (of 15) (First identified as Ten Numb)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot) . "I figured it to be Ten, because he's got a B-wing pilot outfit on." (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pellegrom, Dennis (2006). Mike Quinn interview. Star Wars Interviews. Retrieved on August 12, 2016.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- ↑ X-Wing: Rogue Leader 1