Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Make no mistake, [a yes vote] will galvanize the Separatists, and be seen by them as an invitation to war. Every Senator must think heavily upon the consequences of next month's decision. We are not just voting on the creation of a defense force, but rather our votes will determine the start of open hostilities."
- ―Tendau Bendon
A male Ithorian, Senator Tendau Bendon represented the Ottega sector in the Senate during Finis Valorum's last term as Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Bendon was among the senators who openly supported Valorum, even if most of the Senate would have rather replace the Chancellor.
In 33 BBY, Chancellor Valorum proposed the taxation of the until then free trade zones. Senator Palpatine of Naboo then suggested that a part of the collected money could be invested in the growth of planetary systems in the affected areas. Bendon and other senators of the region, including Yarua and Horox Ryyder, cheerfully supported the idea.
Bendon continued his career as senator during the years which followed the Separatist Crisis. Before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Bendon was a staunch opponent of the Military Creation Act. His attempts to oppose it were unsuccessful which led to the start of the Clone Wars.
In 19 BBY, the final year of the war between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Bendon, along with a number of senators and delegates, grew suspicious over Palpatine's growing powers and demanded his resignation. There, he joined the Delegation of 2000 in order to prevent the Chancellor from continuing these emergency powers since many delegates feared for the future of democracy in the Republic.
Personality and traitsEdit
During his time on Coruscant, Bendon visited the Coruscant Opera, like many other politicians of the time. Bendon was known to have assisted to a representation of The Brief Reign of Future Wraiths, performed by a Bith company.
Behind the scenesEdit
He was to appear in The Phantom Menace, but was cut from the final version.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game – The Jedi Council (Card: Galactic Senator)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: Tendau Bendon)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia